A C A T A L E P S Y *

* (n.) Incomprehensibleness; the impossibility of comprehending or conceiving a thing.

♪♪♪

Boun entered his team's working space with a bitter face. Everyone knew that their team leader is not in a good mood. Generally, they have seven people in the team, but that day only four of them plus one Boun presented and they must see Boun sighing for times.

People in the room knew what is going on. The working pace for some members of the team obviously accelerated because there was a project for internal people. They would hold an employees gathering next month. Every team leader was asked to be in charge of organizing the event. So, Boun was one of them. He had been busy for 2 months now, only for the gathering.

Noh was about to ask when Boun suddenly rose up from his seat and observed the four members there. "Can you all please stand up?" Boun asked.

Four of them did as their team leader said. Boun nodded his head slightly.

"Which one of you is able to empty you schedule for a week from Monday to Sunday next week?" Boun threw a question to his team members.

The first member said he had to be with wife who was pregnant next week for check up. The second member said he had an appointment with a big music company to give sponsorship proposal.

In his head, Noh already knew that it will be him who is chosen. So, he was not surprised when the third member came back to sit without warning.

"Can you?" Boun asked him after seeing the other person withdrew.

"What do you want me to do?"

"We will do location survey for our gathering. I can do it by myself, but second opinion will help a lot so I need partner. We will go for a week. We depart on Sunday night and come back a week later." Boun explained in a hurry and diverted his focus back to his work.

Noh had to wait until 5 PM to ask more about the task. Still, something else bothering him related to Boun's bad mood when he talked about the task.

"You are going to lose your chance to be with Prem next week." Noh said. He knew that it must be thing that ruined Boun's mood. "How about you go with Prem rather than going with me, Ai Boun?"

Boun exhaled heavily. "Don't mix personal matters with business. It will mess everything up."

Noh was stupefied with the professionalism his leader show him. He should learn more from Boun, he thought. "I'm sorr-"

"Never mind. You should go home. Tomorrow is Saturday. You better enjoy it because your Sunday is not a free day." Boun forced Noh to stop bothering him. He did not even look at Noh because his eyes fixed on the computer screen.

Noh stepped back gradually. He took his bag and tried not to make a sound. He turned his back on Boun, walking toward the automatic glass door without saying goodbye to Boun who secretly observing him.

Boun shook his head when Noh walked further and further. "What did he think, seriously?"

Sunday had come. Noh opened the car trunk, put his luggage there and entered the car, sitting beside Boun in passengger's seat. The image of Boun's bad mood was still clear in his mind and that was scary.