Chapter Eight

"So, what do you guys think?" Yoongi asked.

It was the next morning. They had been watching movies until they all fell asleep in the living room. After freshening up and having breakfast, they were up for another talk in the living room.

"To be honest, it was kinda awkward at first. You're the second oldest after all and it was kinda hard treating you like a child," Jungkook said, slowly. He was worried that he might be hurting Yoongi's feelings but to his surprise, the elder nodded calmly. "But, I guess you just kinda get used to it?"

"Yeah, I wasn't really sure on what to do at first." Jimin added. "I had to think twice before saying something but Jungkook's right. You do get used it, I guess."

"Honestly, I don't see any harm in being little," Hoseok said. "Plus, it acts as some kind of stress-reliever, right? I say, just keep doing it."

"But we do have to take into consideration that we are idols," Namjoon said, hating himself for the thing he's about to say. "Don't get me wrong, I'll support Yoongi-hyung in everything he wants to do but we have to realise that not everybody will feel the same way as we do about finding out Yoongi-hyung is a little. If this whole thing about being little is exposed, it could very well hurt our reputation. It's a huge risk."

After Namjoon was done, the living room was silent. Namjoon looked at Yoongi with apologetic eyes but the older just smiled at him.

"I'm glad that you told us. You're right. It is a huge risk. If this comes out, not only will I be bringing myself down, but I'll also be dragging all of you down. Our company would also be affected."

"Then, won't it be fine if we're extra careful?" Taehyung said after staying silent for a while.

"Yeah, Tae's right. Plus, ARMYs know that Yoongi can also be childish at times. We can just play it off as that if people starts to get suspicious." Seokjin said.

The members looked at each other in silence. They were lost on what to do. Would it really be fine? What if they still get exposed even after being careful? Would people really believe an excuse like 'Oh, Yoongi was just feeling a bit childish today'?

Yoongi sighed. He knew what he had to do. It's his responsibility of being the second oldest in the group. Some sacrifices had to be made.

"It's really not a big deal. I can hold back from regressing for months. Maybe I'll accidentally slip once in a while but I'll make sure it's not in public or anything."

The members looked at him in shock.

Then, Taehyung spoke out. "Hyung, do you remember when we just debuted? When a lot of people called me weird? You were the one who told me it's okay to be myself. So I did. Please hyung, I don't want you to hold back from doing something you want to do."

Yoongi wiped the tears on his face and he chuckled. "You're charming and good-looking, Tae. Irreplaceable. What about me? Once news about me being little comes out, the whole world will turn their back on me and I'll be forgotten. I'm scared of that. And you know what I'm most scared of? That it'll affect you guys as well. All the hard work and sacrifices we made to get to where we are now would have been for nothing."

"Even then, we would still have each other, right?" Jimin asked, his voice cracking.

Hearing that, Yoongi looked down at his feet. He stood up and grabbed his car keys. "I'm going out for a while. I'll be back before dinner."

With that, Yoongi rushed out of the dorms and started driving his car. He was unsure of where to go. He just needed to get away from the members for now to clear his mind.

While driving, Yoongi looked around in the city he was in. Posters of BTS were everywhere, every store they had visited proudly put up the photo of them in that store and their faces were also shown on huge LCD screens. It feels just like yesterday when he arrived in Seoul alone, in hopes of achieving his dreams. With hard work and dedication, BTS is now one of the most successful Kpop group. And it could all be ruined, because of him.

Yoongi arrived in a more secluded area of the city. Not a lot of people were there. A store caught his eyes. In the window where they show some of their products were some of the cutest and hugest teddy bears he had ever seen in his life. Yoongi parked the car in a parking space near the store and put on his face mask and bucket hat before getting out of the car.

He entered the store and was greeted by the shopkeeper. He just nodded in case she recognised his voice. He approached a shelf which had the same teddy bears as the window. He slowly caressed the teddy bear and was pleased with its softness.

Yoongi didn't have any little stuff at all. No toys, no colouring books, no pacifiers, no stuffies. Well he does have a Kumamon and Shooky pillow but that didn't count.

Yoongi pointed to a huge, dark brown teddy bear with a green bow and looked back at the shopkeeper. "I'll take this one." He said, lowering his voice purposely.

The shopkeeper nodded and grabbed the bear. She brought it to the counter and Yoongi followed behind. She put it in a huge paper bag which had the store's name on it.

"That will be 250000 won (213.91 USD)," the shopkeeper said, smiling at Yoongi. "Will you pay by cash or card?"

"Cash," Yoongi replied as he pulled out the money from his wallet. He handed it to the shopkeeper. He grabbed the bag and exited the store as the shopkeeper said 'thank you, come again' in a cheery voice.

He put the bear in the backseat and drove home. It was already 3 pm. On the way home, he kept glancing at the bear. Why did he buy it?

-  -  -
A/N
I honestly don't know what I was doing for this chapter. -_-