Chapter Twenty-Two

They released a new album and of course they had to start promoting. Well at least six of them are. Yoongi's leg was almost healed though he was still limping when walking but his doctor had encouraged him to avoid any vigorous activities and activities which has the potential to give him stress.

The members were now about to leave for a music show and Yoongi was sulking.

"Yoongi-ah, we'll be back before you know it," Seokjin reassured, patting the rapper's head.

Yoongi didn't respond, choosing to focus on his toes instead. He was afraid that he might just accidentally beg them to stay if he opened his mouth.

"If you turn little go to your room and just chill there, okay? There's snacks and drinks in the mini fridge. Don't play with any sharp objects or play with fire."

"Just go already," Yoongi said with a stoic expression.

Seokjin sighed and pressed a chaste kiss on the rapper's forehead. "Hyung will be back soon."

Yoongi wipes his tears as he hears the front door shut.

"P-Papa will be back soon. Dun be scawed, Yoonie."

Yoonie stood up and followed his papa's instructions. He entered his room and sat on the bed.

"What shud Yoonie do now?"

His eyes landed on his crayons and sketch book. He giggled as he grabbed the items. "Yoonie draw something for everyone!"

"Hmm, Kookie dun look wike dis...hehe Minnie's lips ook wike mashmewwos. Oopsie, daddy's arms are too big."

Yoonie slowly immersed himself in the activity, his fingers, face and shirt getting stained with crayons in the process. Yoonie didn't mind, it was fun. Yoonie thought he did extremely well as he looked over his completed, perfected masterpiece.

Just then, the doorbell rang.

Yoonie gasped. "Awe they home awedy?"

He held the drawing and ran out his room and to the front door. He swung open the door, excitedly as he showed his drawing.

"Daddy, papa, wook! Did Yoonie do a good job?"

The other person, who Yoonie realized was none of his caregivers, stared at Yoonie in shock. Yoonie stared back, his throat getting quite dry.

It's not daddy. It's not papa. It's not Hobi, Kookie, Tete or Minnie, either. Who is he? I'm scared.

"Min Yoongi-ssi? Are you okay?" The man asked, the shocked expression he had earlier was now replaced with a look of concern.

Poor Yoonie who was overwhelmed with everything going on had no other solution but to to cry. He sobbed as warm tears cascaded down his red cheeks.

"W-Who are you? P-Pwease dun hurt Yoonie," Yoonie cried.

The man became even more shocked when hearing Yoonie's words. "Rest assured, Yoongi-ssi. I'm just the new manager assigned to check in on you once in a while. My name's Kwon Seongsu. I'm not gonna hurt you."

Yoonie's cries faded and his tears started slowing down. "Pwomise?"

Seongsu was visibly flustered. "P-Promise."

They stared at each other.

"Wud you like to come inside?"

. . .

They were now both in Yoonie's room. Seongsu studied the interior design of the room. It was... not what he expected. Even the man named Min Yoongi himself wasn't what he expected so he wasn't all that shocked.

The room had baby blue walls and cute decorations hanging on the wall. There were a lot of teddy bears on the bed and Seongsu could see a lot of chests filled with toys and stuffed animals.

Seongsu looked over at the rapper and saw him lying on his belly as he pasted some cute stickers onto his drawing. Seongsu sighed internally. This was totally the last thing he thought would happen.

"Do you think I'm weird?"

Seongsu snapped his head up quickly to meet Yoongi's cold eyes. He sounded different, more... his age. It was like he changed into a different person in a flick of a switch.

"What?"

Yoongi sat up and tidied up the drawing and his sticker sheets. He was unexpectedly calm for someone who was caught being a little by a complete stranger.

"Do you think it's weird that I talk and act like a child, Seongsu-ssi?"

Seongsu couldn't find it in himself to answer. Yoongi's intimidating gaze was making him tremble slightly. Is this the power of artists who managed to debut a song at #1 on BB Hot 100? Truth be said, he'd prefer the earlier Yoongi now.

He took a deep breath. Maybe if he arranged his words nicely, he'd get out of here alive. "I don't. It's none of my business what you do. I've been instructed to see how you're doing and I can see you're doing fine. That's all I need to know and report."

Seongsu painfully maintained eye contact to see Yoongi's cold expression slowly turn into a teasing one. He had a small smirk and his eyes turned crescent-like.

"I feel like we're going to get along quite well, Seongsu-ssi."

Seongsu went back to the company building feeling quite dizzy. His heart was thumping wildly at the thought of his next visit.

.  .  .

hahahah hello im finally back after 3 months. i honestly had thoughts to just end this book at that but i still couldn't let it go just yet 🥺 so here's something!!

im introducing a new character- kwon seongsu! i thought it'd be a good contributor to the plot. seongsu's not based on any real characters; he's fictional.

and lastly pls inform me if it has any plotholes and i apologize in advance :(( i forgot some stuff so i reread it but jic pls do tell me.

ps: my updating schedule is not set and so id probably take some time in updating or dump tons of chapters on you at once :)) ive started school (the physical one) so im probably gonna busy but i feel really motivated to write this book so we'll so how it goes!

pps: thank you to the ones still reading my book and leaving comments and voting! just know that i read ALL of them 😉 and i appreciate it!