Chapter 19

The whole dorm was awaken by a loud crashing sound and right after, the sound of Hoseok panicking. They immediately barged into Hoseok's room to see Yoongi on the floor, beside the bed. Hoseok was standing over him, arms flailing slightly, not knowing what to do. Yoongi's crutch lied beside him and there were also a broken vase and shards that came from it on the floor.

"Hoseok, Yoongi! What happened?" Seokjin asked as he helped Yoongi onto the bed.

"I-I don't know! I just woke up because I heard something break!" Hoseok frantically tried to explain.

"Yoongi? What happened?" Namjoon asked with a gentle voice.

"I just lost my balance," Yoongi answered, his face devoid of any emotion. "I'm okay."

"You sure, hyung?" Jungkook asked, knowing that the second eldest tends to act like he's alright even though he's hurting.

"Yeah, now hand me my crutch and get out of my way. I want to take a shower."

Jimin and Taehyung helped to pick up Yoongi's crutch and handed them to him. Yoongi stood up and slowly made his way out of Hoseok's room. The members behind him were staring at him, prepared to catch him in case he were to stumble or trip.

.  .  .

Yoongi sighed and rubbed his eyes. His vision was starting to get blurry due to long hours of staring at his computer screen. He squinted to see the clock in his studio and it read 5 p.m.

He should return soon if he didn't want to get his ears blown off by Seokjin. The song he was working on was nearly done, it just needed a little bit of touch up.

Yoongi can't help but work hard on the songs since he wasn't gonna join the others promote during this comeback. At first, Bang-PD and Sejin didn't want him involved at all to ensure he rests but Yoongi had begged them to allow him to help with the songs.

Yoongi wasn't gonna admit it but he felt so worthless. He had to ask the members' help for trivial things like helping him walk down the stairs and getting the cereal from the top cabinet.

"Ahh, why are you such a burden?" Yoongi said as he gripped his hair.

He was ashamed of how little he can do and how weak he was despite being the second eldest.

The doorbell for his studio was rung and Yoongi sighed again. He was about to reach for his crutch when he heard the beeping of the password being punched in. The door then swung open, revealing a grinning Jungkook.

"Hey, hyung! I'm just stopping by to see how you're doing," Jungkook said as he entered the studio, closing the door behind him.

"Just be honest and say Jin-hyung sent you," Yoongi retorted, easily knowing that the younger was lying.

"Nothing ever gets past you, huh?" Jungkook said with a slight pout. He sat down on the couch in Yoongi's studio. "Have you eaten?"

"I had two rice balls," Yoongi replied, nonchalantly.

Jungkook frowned. "I should've brought food," He said to himself.

"It's okay. I'm fine."

"Stop that," Jungkook said through gritted teeth. He then softened his expression and continued in a calm voice. "We know you're hurting. You don't have to pretend that everything's fine."

Yoongi was shocked and stared at the youngest with wide eyes. They maintained eye contact for about 2 minutes before Yoongi looked away.

"What do you want me to do? Complain about how my life is so hard all the time?"

"If you do, I'll listen. Till the very end." Jungkook said as he looked at Yoongi with a sincere face.

"Okay, let's start with how my whole body hurts. Especially with the incident this morning, it feels like somebody is hitting my body with a fucking hammer. I can't even move, for fuck's sake! Do you know how much effort and time it takes to just stand up?"

Jungkook kept on listening.

"And do you know how pathetic I feel? Having to ask you guys for help knowing how hard you guys have worked while I was just lying on a bed? I'm just adding on the burden! Aren't I?"

Yoongi was a crying mess by the time he ended his 'complaint'. His body shook and his lips trembled. Jungkook stood up and hugged the elder to soothe both Yoongi and himself. He then felt Yoongi's hands grip the back of his shirt which made his heart hurt even more.

"You're never a burden, Yoongi," Jungkook whispered into Yoongi's ear. "I love you. We all love you so, so much. Did you know how unmotivated and lifeless we felt during practice, knowing you're still not awake? We didn't even know if you were gonna wake up. But you did. And I can't even explain how happy that made us feel. It washed away all our sorrows and fatigue!"

Yoongi giggled. "Corny brat."

Jungkook smiled and placed a light kiss on Yoongi's nose. "Please. Tell us if you need anything. Be it getting you a glass of water or cuddling with you. Anything at all, we'd gladly do it. You understand?"

Yoongi nodded. "Then, please hug me for a little longer."

"It would be my pleasure, hyung."

.  .  .

I feel like this chapter is somewhat evidence that I can't write emotional scenes✌️ tell me if it sucks too much, guys. feel free to give constructive criticisms.