( Transform )

Hidden behind him had been a knife.

Kirishima would spring his device back, clearly confused by the strange glint that reflected back at him. The last thing he thought of was for it to be a dangerous object. "Huh?.."

He then nervously grinned, trying to lift the atmosphere. "Bakug-" Suddenly cut off by the other's part of his lips, his best friend would finally utter something, only for him to flinch back. "I wanna ask you a question."

Kirishima swallowed a lump in his throat. He glanced down at Bakugou's occupied hands, and then locked eyes with a familiar angered pair, which somehow placed a glacial distance between them. His silence urged him on to continue, and the male did exactly that. "...I just need you to answer honestly, so this'll all be over. Tell me... Are you sure you're not interested in [Y/N]?"

Obviously, it seemed evident that he was. Scared of the consequences, he bit down on his tongue, finding that there was a sort of a threatening pressure to this situation.

Reaching up to rub the back of his neck gingerly, he'd look the other way. "..I am.. but, I'll back off of her if that's what you want. Stealing my best friend's crush isn't manly!" A sort of admirable gleam emanated around him.

Certainly, this response wasn't something he expected.

Bakugou lowered his head, as well as his eyes, concentrating silently. His demeanor eased for only a moment, expressing his thoughts by his mutterings. "Knowing that makes me relieved. But still, there's this urge that I can't shake off, no matter what I do..." He moved one of his hands from behind his back, lifting it only to stare at his palm. Silent for quite some time, it was in an instant when his gaze would switch back up to the redhead in front of him.

'Like... you are bound to take her from me.'

Unbeknownst to his thoughts, Kirishima awaited his next words, but instead they hadn't came. And so, with the tousle of his locks, he'd try to ignore the malice seeping from him, figuring that it was simply apart of his paranoia.

A quiet, suppressed laugh escaped the Bakugou's lips. There was an noticeable shift change residing inside of him... a showcase revealing all of his deepest emotions. Bakugou, who was the first to recognize this, turned his head away and then latched tightly around the hidden knife's handle, all while silencing himself briefly. "..This complexity of emotions has been gnawing at the back of my mind for days... All of it..."

"Love."

"Confusion."

"Excitement."

"Envy."

"Lust."

"Hate."

What was he going on about? Of course, there goes the saying that there's only one way to find out, however, with Bakugou's strange behavior, his best friend just couldn't bring himself to ask any questions regarding this situation.

"But now.." He continued, "I think... I can put myself at ease.." With the distance between them enclosing, Kirishima didn't exactly know what was going on, turning his head toward the door accompanied by slight impatience. "Look, man... We're best friends, I'm here to help you. So I think you... should sleep things off, you're talkin' nonse-"

"Stop it... Stop acting like you care!" The other shouted, vibrating angrily resulting in the crack of his voice. Finally settling the anticipation, he'd yank his concealed arm away, revealing the concerning object used as a weapon.