( Weaker Than Weak )

|0 days left until your birthday.

A sharp inhale ceased your throat as your body jumped up out of impulse. You found that your breathing was heavy and erratic, while your bones trembled relentlessly.

Your eyes narrowed down, searching for anything that could possibly lessen the confusion fogging your senses. Hands suddenly moving, your slender fingertips lightly grazed against your lips, cheeks dampening while recalling the vivid memory you had encountered.

'Was that.. A dream..?'

Attempting to move, an agonizing soreness halted you; the cause of your glance regarding your surroundings. White sheets, as well as a white painted walls.. Giving you the details you needed to regain your thoughts. 'The hospital..?' You stared down at your bandaged forearms. 'So then.. Everything wasn't a dream? Katsuki actually...'

'He... actually..'

The sound of a door slamming open startled you, and you tightly gripped onto the blankets covering your lap. Eyes shifting to the doorway, there were recognizable faces, inevitably driving you to euphoria.

"Heya, [L/N]! Glad to see you're awake! That debris really did a number on you if it made you fall into a coma!" Greeted Kaminari who waved subtly, joined with his perverted buddy Mineta, who entered among the other UA students.

Yaoyorozu concurred by nodding, while expensive Gardenia flowers remained safely bundled up in a tight plastic wrap in her hands. A smile scoured her face, as she approached you gently with her presentable gift.

"O-Oh thank you! You really didn't have to.." You bashfully accepted, until perking up. "You said I've been in a coma..? For how long??" The news itself made you get a little tense. But nonetheless, Kaminari spoke at ease, sliding his hands into his back pocket while leaning on his hip. "Only for a day. After being hit in a head by falling debris, the doctors were certain that you'd wake up the same day, but you were unconscious longer than that."

Clutching the thick fabric already in your hold, your eyes widened partially. "...Oh.. That means I didn't miss my birthday.." Mumbled [Y/N], though the sentence itself was still audible.

"Of course! Who would want to miss the special day of their birth?" Butted in Ashido. "There doesn't even have to be a party, it's just representing how long you've been on the earth! All that matters is that you acknowledge it!" She concluded, wagging her finger.

"I never knew you could be that optimistic." Said Tsuyu, meanwhile you smiled, joyous pink lines across your cheeks. "I agree with you, Ashido! But anyways, where's Deku? And Katsuki?" Your question caused the air to waft with silence. That warming atmosphere dimmed down into a mood of unease. You could tell by the looks of their faces that you had struck a nerve.

Ojiro looked down at his feet, and so did the others. Your lips pressed together, awaiting a response from your classmates. It was like they couldn't bring themselves to speak, and even exchanged saddened glances to one another as if prodding each other to break the ice. 

Ashido, who stepped closer to your bed, reached out to hold your hands, her head lowering slightly to conceal her expression. "This might be hard for you to get a grasp of..."

You lowered your [E/C] hues down onto the blankets over your legs. There were small droplets of water colliding against them. Of course, you delve further into concern, however flinched back as she continued. "Bakugou... Bakugou had.."

"Found Midoriya dead..."