F I N A L E

Fright was send in shockwaves. Dabi, Toga, and you yourself knew what it had been, but before you had the luxury to react you were grabbed by the wrist and was yanked away. Silently, your previous captor counted down in numbers, however once he reached zero he forcefully threw himself over you, causing the both of you to collapse with him shielding you with his body.

An abrupt and bulky explosion occurred. The wind and debris circulated throughout the air resulting in the manipulation of your clothes and locks of hair. The heat from the outburst stung your skin, but not as badly as Bakugou, who shouted in agony and burrowed his head directly beside yours.

Large pillars rained down, fortunately they didn't tumble onto the both of you. Things started to ample down subtly, and as it did so the one above you took the time to stare into your eyes lovingly. "..I hope you're alright..." He then coughed afterwards, blood escaping his throat in doing so.

"Katsuki..." You whispered. You weren't euphoric to see him, but you were concerned over his current state. Undoubtedly, he was physically wrecked, lethargic, and nearing his limit. He got off of you, and helped you to your feet. "..We can't waste a second. Mister Aizawa and the others are coming..." He pulled you along tiredly, and while staring at his back you took notice of the deep wounds and scratches scattering along his body. "I only managed to get away by a hair.."

Bakugou clenched his teeth, stumbling every so often. His vision battled in between focusing and blurring, yet he was too stubborn to simply rest. 'I can keep going..' The two of you reached the metallic back doors. Bringing it open, you quietly stepped outside before looking back toward the male who followed you.

He suddenly collided into your body, nearly falling to his knees until you managed to wrap your arms around his torso. You noticed he was trembling, but was it out of fear? "Katsuki.. you need to take it easy..." You encouraged him.

He dismissively moved away, gripping onto your hand. "..I'm fine ... we..-" Holding onto his head that ringed in agony, he was temporarily sidetracked. "We need.. to move, and fast.."

There was no getting through to him with words. He was reckless, and has always been. How long did he plan to keep this up? Until he succumbed to his own injuries?

The two of you remained low, and while peering around the corner, Bakugou released your hand. There weren't any signs of life present, or at least that's what it seemed like. As if on cue, sirens could be heard in the distance, leading the two of you to tense up.

"Come on [Y/N]. We don't have all day." He demanded. No matter how much you wanted to turn and make a run for it... Something forced you to stay. Bakugou quietly made his way to an alleyway right ahead of him, expecting you to follow. By the time he reached the opposite end, he saw your foot sliding against the cement, for you were reluctant to follow.

'This may be my last shot at escaping..'

He took notice of that look on your face. Recognizing it in an instant, he cursed under his breath, since this was not the best time for you to be stuck in between fleeing or joining.

The sirens were coming closer and closer, but by the time you made up your mind an enchanting blaze of blue was separating you from your childhood friend. The blue flames were terrifying just as they were hot, and you nearly lost your balance.

The one who limped into the center was none other than Dabi, currently weakened and suffering many lethal injuries as a result from the ambush earlier. "Bastard... You thought you could just run away..?" He looked to Bakugou, his palm raising only to project yet another light show of fearsome flames into his general direction.