( Persistence )

You continued to hold the fabrics of your clothes to your face, aware that this smoke wafting about the air was none other than sleeping gas.

Glancing to your captor, he looked very distressed. The outcome of this situation was staring at you right in the face. And either way it may go...

It was not going to end well.

Bakugou had been silent for he was riddled with thoughts, and while the gas took it's time to clear, the both of you heard voices.

"It's been two minutes since we've determined consciousness. Proceeding with the operation."

Before you could have any time to think, you were grabbed by the wrist and swiftly shifted near the balcony. Your back was firmly pressed against Bakugou's chest, all while he aimed the boxcutter unbelievably close to your throat. "[Y/N].. Stay calm and act like a good little hostage. I promise... we'll pull through. No matter how bad it might get."

You stiffened. Stay calm?

In a situation like this?

Still, you complied without a word, and even raised your free hand, keeping your nose covered. Your heart ran so quickly, while wondering about the authorities' as well as Bakugou's safety.

Soon there were multiple men who stormed inside wearing gas masks, two with riot shields and the rest armed with pistols that pointed toward your direction. A mortified gasp left you, and you admired Bakugou's ability to maintain himself. His red eyes scanned each of them, so far counting seven, and there was no doubt that there'd be backup waiting outside.

He was so infested with anger that he had no time to feel intimidated by the policemen. His foot shifted back, and so did yours. "Stay away from us! This girl is, mine, you hear me?!" Eyes bloodshot and growls escaping through his clenched teeth, he took yet another step back toward the balcony.

Your audience did not seemed phased. They were aiming their success toward ensuring your safety, and even sought out to negotiate. "Katsuki Bakugou, please hand over the young lady. If you follow our directions, you will not be heavily penalized. I repeat, yo-"

"Oh screw off! I'd never do something as idiotic as that! We just wanna live happy lives together!" Bakugou intervened, forcing you to wince upon feeling the blade poke your skin. "And if we can't do that, I'll gladly take the both of us to hell!" His glance then shifted toward the only exit. 'I'll have to use my quirk at this rate...' A click of his tongue followed afterwards.

The officers glanced to each, other, before one of them leaned to conceal their radio, speaking into it briefly. You could feel the sweat rolling down your chin, as well as the male's speeding heart. The thin fog was nearly evaporated from the air completely, it was one less problem for him to worry about I suppose you could say.

"Please refrain from acting violently, and release her slowly." Urged one of the men, although they've already assessed the type of person he was. A mindless brute, compelled to win at any cost. Little did they know that the term love shifted him completely.

He couldn't hold back a nervous smirk, before it went faint. And surprisingly enough... you felt him draw the boxcutter away from your neck, causing you to warily glance toward him.

"Fine. Take her."

He stated, shoving you to stagger into the center. Your eyes gaped and mouth hung low, you didn't know that it was so easy for him to change his mind. Far ... too easy. However, amidst your ponders, you couldn't deny the suspicion that something felt off. That's when it finally hit you;