𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

PROLOGUE2 0 1 5

𝕲𝖎𝖆 P O V

𝕲𝖊𝖔𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖙𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝖀𝖓𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖎𝖙𝖞 𝕮𝖆𝖒𝖕𝖚𝖘
𝖂𝖆𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖙𝖔𝖓, 𝕯.𝕮.

SEPTEMBER 24TH

"Enjoying the party?" Brielle asked me as I sat on the couch with a cup of untouched water in my hand.

I rolled my eyes and placed the cup on the floor.

"No." I answered.

"Why not?" Brielle asked.

"Cause I don't want to be here." I replied.

"I'm sorry that I forced to come but can you please just loosen up a little bit for me." Brielle said with a pout.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'll loosen up by the snack table." I said, getting up and walking over to the snack table. "What the hell are those?" I asked as I hold up the bowl and sniffed it before putting it down and settling for a bag of chips.

As the party went on, I talked to a lot of people I'd recognized from some of my classes and their friends. I was actually having a really good time.

I was talking to Kelly, a sweet girl that I had met at the library after falling asleep when I was supposed to be studying.

She had brought a friend with her who didn't seem so interested in our conversation, and who would only butt in to talk about the boys that were around.

"Oh my gosh, Kells, look!"

She interrupted our talk and pointed towards a small crowd in the middle of the dance floor, "it's that guy I told you about!"

"Which one, Rach?" Kelly asked as we both looked where she was pointing. Hussein bin Abdullah was laughing and joking with a few people.

"Isn't he gorgeous? He's in my accounting class." Rachel answered.

Suddenly Hussein looked our way. We looked away quickly.

"Oh my God, that was so close. He probably thinks we're stalkers now." Rachel said as I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, I'm going for some food. Bye." I said and walked away.

I was headed off the dance floor when Hussein walked up in front of me and blocked my way.

"Hello." Hussein said.

"Hello, Your Royal Highness." I said as I kept my head down in a way to show him respect.

"You know who I am?" He asked, shocked.

"I think it would be disrespectful not to know the future monarch of my country." I answered.

"You're Jordanian?" He asked.

"Italian and Jordanian, Your Royal Highness." I replied.

"Amazing, I haven't ran into a lot of Jordanians here." He said.

"Of course, you wouldn't, sir." I said.

"Please call me, Hussein." He said.

"Gia." I said.

"Gia, God's gracious gift." He said.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Your name means God's gracious gift." He answered.