𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊 - 𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖊 - 2019

𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊 — 𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖊 — 2019

29 FEBRUARY

"Oh Hussein, I thought everyone was pulling my leg when they said you had a girlfriend, I'm disappointed that I did not get to meet her sooner." Catherine said after I introduced her to Gia.

"Catherine." I said as William, Harry and Meghan chuckled as Catherine continued to hug Gia.

Gia smiled at me.

"We've been very busy if I had known no one believed Hussein had a girlfriend, I would have shown my face sooner." Gia said as William chuckled.

"You're very beautiful, Gia. Hussein is very lucky to have you by his side so how did you two meet?" Harry asked.

"We met at a dorm party at Georgetown." Gia answered.

"So, you two are college sweethearts." Meghan said.

"Yes, I had been staring at her all night and finally had the courage to walk up to her and ask her to dance when she curtsied and called me 'Your Royal Highness' I was shocked, I didn't think anyone knew who I was but she said 'I think it would be disrespectful not to know the future monarch of my country' and ever since then we have been inseparable." I said.

"How have you two been making it work long distance?" Catherine asked.

"Well, lucky for me I have a very flexible schedule so I work around his schedule so that we can spend time together and our families are very understanding so they help us in anyway they can." Gia answered.

"So, Hussein, what is the Ghosheh family like?" Harry asked.

"Very warm and accepting. I just found out that her godparents are Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy, Prince of Venice; Maya Ghosheh; His Majesty Philippe, The King of the Belgians; and Victoria Manasir. She's also the great granddaughter of the last king of Italy so William, I'm guessing that's what you meant by the Ghosheh family being well connected." I answered.

William nodded.

"Yes, that's what I meant." William said.

"So, technically you're a princess." Meghan said.

"Yes, but my family does not use our princely status because we feel it's disrespectful. Why would you want to keep a title of a place that you no longer rule. My father is more comfortable being a Ghosheh then being a prince." Gia said.

"That makes a lot of sense." Meghan said.

"Why haven't you two gone public yet?" Catherine asked.

Gia looked at me.

"I want to protect her privacy as much as I can. I've seen how the media and the public have attacked the spouses of royal men and I do not want that for Gia, I know she can handle it given her background but I feel much better knowing that only people who genuinely care about us know about our relationship." I answered.

Gia kisses my cheek.

"And I feel the same way plus we post each other without revealing too much so we're just a mystery to people but it's not hidden that he or I are taken." Gia said.

"Trust me, if I knew that back then I would have gone the same route." Harry said as Meghan squeezed his hand.

William sighed and Catherine laid her head on his shoulder.

"The media does a lot of damage but if you two believe that your relationship is worth it then you will thrive but make sure when it gets too much for you to be honest and open with each other about it." William said.

"I think that's the best advice we can give you. If you two need anything from us do not be afraid to reach out." Meghan said.

"This life takes a toll on you so the support of others is really needed." Catherine said.

"I think you're transparency about this is very telling and we're thankful for that. I understand that being Hussein will not be easy but I know he's worth it and I'm glad that I can be honest that I have doubts about what our future will be like since we go public. I have dealt with a lot because of the family I come from but I prepared." Gia said.

"The more aware you are about your role in his life the better. I came in thinking I would make a difference but in reality I've been silenced and I'm not used to that and I honestly believed no one had my back but my husband. I thought I was getting the family I never had but reality this family doesn't even want me so I'm stuck pretending to be happy when I just want to run and hide." Meghan said as Catherine got up and walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm so sorry we have made you feel that way. I know I haven't made it easy for you because I was just finally happy not to be the one they criticized so much but I promise from now on that will change I will be whatever kind of support you need from me." Catherine said as Harry watched them with a tear fallen from his right eye.

"Thank you I really needed to say that. I needed to hear that." Meghan said.

I looked at Gia and I finally realized if she ever received any similar treatment from my family like Meghan had then I would leave them just for her. She is my world.

Harry looked at me and smiled.