𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊 - 𝕹𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝕿𝖔 𝖄𝖔𝖚 - 2018

𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊 — 𝕹𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝕿𝖔 𝖄𝖔𝖚 — 2018

JUNE 28TH

"Happy Birthday!" I exclaimed jumping onto Hussein's bed.

"Good morning, Gia and thank you," Hussein says in greeting, drawing out the words as he sat up on the bed and stretched.

I quickly jump off the bed and run into the closet to grab his birthday present and walk back into the bedroom and climbing in next to him.

"Here's your birthday present!" I squealed as I handed him the small box.

I watched him open the small box then stare at the picture inside the box then he looked up at me.

I smiled.

"You got me a KAWASAKI KX450!" Hussein exclaimed.

"Yup!" I said.

"Thank you, I love my gift." He said, giving me a hug.

"Good, now get up and get ready so we can have breakfast with your family." I said.

"Alright." He said.

"I love you, Hussein." I said.

"I love you too, Gia." He said.

— — — —

Jordan's crown prince marks 24th birthday with live-fire combat drill

Video shows Hussein celebrating with his father, King Abdullah, by taking part in military exercise

Jordan's Crown Prince Hussein bin Abdullah takes part in a live-fire combat drill with his father, King Abdullah, in a video released on June 28, 2018

Jordan's Crown Prince Hussein bin Abdullah takes part in a live-fire combat drill with his father, King Abdullah, in a video released on June 28, 2018. (Screen capture: Instagram)

While many 24-year-olds may celebrate their birthdays with a night out with friends, Jordan's Crown Prince Hussein bin Abdullah used the occasion to spend some quality time with his father, King Abdullah, performing live-fire combat drills.

In a video released Thursday on the Instagram account of Queen Rania, his mother, the crown prince and the king are seen riding in a black car at a military base before they stop the vehicle suddenly and open fire.

As the crown prince shoots out the window, his father Abdullah hops out the door on the passenger's side and opens fire from behind the hood. Hussein then also hops out on the passenger side and throws a smoke grenade while taking cover behind the car — but not before putting the handbrake on.

Hussein and the king, both sporting black sunglasses and military vests, then advance down range toward their targets while continuing to fire their rifles, with the crown prince switching to a pistol at the end as he runs out of ammunition.

In the text accompanying the video, the queen wrote: "Happy birthday Al Hussein, we grow more proud of you every day... I see so much of His Majesty in you, including your shared love for the military."