𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 - 𝕳𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖞 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝖄𝖊𝖆𝖗 - 2020

𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 — 𝕳𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖞 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝖄𝖊𝖆𝖗 — 2020

31ST DECEMBER

"Does your family always go all out like this?" Hussein asked as we sat at the table, drinking our champagne.

"Yes, so get used to it." I answered.

He nodded.

The music stops and the room falls silent as Alida takes to a small stage and is handed a microphone.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for being here tonight. May the next year bring you fortune and happiness. Let the countdown begin!" Alida exclaimed.

A screen at the front of the room flashes to show that there are thirty seconds until midnight.

"Come on, let's go outside and watch the fireworks." I said as I put down my champagne glass and grab his hand.

Hussein put his champagne glass down on the table and stood up with me. I lead through the crowd and out of the double doors to the balcony.

"This is the perfect spot to watch the fireworks." I said as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"I'm already watching the fireworks." He said as he winked at me.

I laughed.

"Wow." I said.

Inside the whole room begins to count down from ten.

"Five." I said.

"Four." He said.

"Three." I said.

"Two." He said.

"One." I said.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" We shouted together.

Hussein pulls me into a long kiss as the fireworks start going on off. We pull away and look at the fireworks.

"Why don't we get out of here and practice making a baby." Hussein said.

I nodded.

— — — —

9TH JANUARY

Jordanian princess becomes her country's first female pilot

Princess Salma completed her pilot training with Jordan's Armed Forces and was honoured by her father King Abdullah.

Jordan's Princess Salma bint Abdullah became the first woman in her country to pass her theoretical and practical pilot training with the Jordanian Armed Forces.

According to a statement from the Royal Hashemite Court, the 19-year-old completed her pilot training on fixed-wing aircraft.

The princess, who previously graduated from a short commissioning course at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in November 2018, was presented with her aviation wings by her father, King Abdullah, at the Husseiniya Palace in the capital Amman on Wednesday.

The ceremony was attended by her mother Queen Rania, her older brother, Crown Prince Hussein, and her sister in law, Crown Princess Gia.

— — — —

20TH JANUARY

"Good Morning." Hussein grumbles, walking into the kitchen.

He places a sleepy kiss on my cheek before grabbing a mug.

"Good Morning." I said as he puts the creamer into his coffee.

I finish making breakfast, when Hussein comes up behind me, nuzzling his face against my neck.

"What's your schedule for today?" He asked.

"Nothing. I haven't been feeling well so I'm taking the day off to see if there's anything changes." I answered.

He frowned.

"Why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling good?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"I didn't want you to worry." I answered.

"I'm your husband, Gia, I'm always going to worry but you should tell me things like this, okay." He said.

I nodded.

"Okay." I said.

I feel his smile on my skin.

"Since you have the day off and so do I, why don't we have a fun day?" He asked.

"A fun day?" I asked.

"Yes, let's start it back in the bedroom." He said as he turns off the stove and then picks me up.

I giggled as he carries me back to the bedroom.

— — — —

30TH JANUARY

CROWN PRINCE AND CROWN PRINCESS CONGRATULATES KING ON BIRTHDAY

TRH Crown Prince Hussein and Crown Princess Gia, through the Jordan Radio on Thursday, congratulated His Majesty King Abdullah on the occasion of his 58th birthday.

During a telephone call with the station's "Al Bath Al Mubasher" (live broadcast) programme, Prince Hussein stressed that all support His Majesty for his honourable and unaltered stances.

On the occasion, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess announced that 50 scholarships for vocational specialisations at Al Hussein Technical University will be offered to empower and prepare youth for the labour market, a measure which comes in line with the Royal keenness to support young people. 

Prince Hussein noted that information about the scholarships will made available on the university's website on Friday.

The Crown Prince and Crown Princess also congratulated HRH Prince Hashem, whose birthday falls on the same day as His Majesty's.