Chapter 43: Just Like Old Times

Troye POV

After my interview finally ended I breathed a sigh of relief. My phone was blowing up with messages about how amazing the new song was, but I was only interested in one person hearing that song. I just hope he was listening, I hope he hears it. There are so many hints that it is obviously about him, I just hope he isn't as dense as he used to be and actually realizes how I still feel about him.

I turned off my phone, not interested in the texts. I just wanted to be alone. The radio station wasn't far from town so I just decided to walk around for a little while. The flowers were just starting to bloom and it was a beautiful night, the sun was setting and an array of colors was painted across the sky so I might as well take advantage of the perfect weather.

I just let my feet take me anywhere, I really had no plan of where I wanted to go, I mostly just wanted to get out and clear my head. The cool breeze blew through my hair as I subconsciously traveled along the path I had memorized a long time ago and before I even realized it I was headed in the direction of the park. As I walked I thought about the perfect boy I left behind.

I wonder what he's doing right now. I wonder if it worked out with him and Marcus and he completely forgot about me. I wonder if he feels the same way I feel about him. For my sake I was crossing my fingers that the last one was true, but in the back of my mind I remembered this was Tyler Oakley we were talking about. He doesn't wait for people, and he sure wouldn't wait 7 months for someone like me when he could have any guy he wanted at any given moment.

I was taken out of my trance when a tree branch caught onto my shoelace and sent me falling to the ground. I extended my arms quickly, attempting to brace my fall but the cold ground still sent a wave of pain through my body as I made contact with it. I rolled over onto my back, wincing as I felt the sharp stabbing sensation in my arms. I just lied there for a while, staring up at the blue and purple, or as Tyler used to call it blurple, sky and a small smile made its way onto my face.

I don't know how long I laid their smiling up at the sky, lost in my own thoughts but as I slowly came back to reality the sun was absent from the sky and in its place was the large white full moon. Small stars twinkled in the sky, but were almost barely visible because of all of the lights in the nearby city. I slowly sat up, realizing my pain had subsided. I sat up slowly and as my eyes wandered up they met the small initials on the tree directly in front of me. This was my favorite spot to come whenever I needed to clear my head, it always brought back such happy memories. It was so peaceful here. It was like I was living in my own little wonderland every time I came here.

Small flowers poked out of the grass and I reached over and picked one up, remembering all of the wonderful times I had with Tyler. It almost felt like he was here with me, even though I was completely alone. I swear I could almost hear his footsteps behind me, even though there was nothing there.

The feeling of his presence was just growing too strong, even though I was convinced he wasn't here I felt myself turning around secretly wishing I would see his perfect face behind me. I slowly turned my body and as I looked up I froze in my spot and I felt a lump in my throat. It was him. He looked down at me and had the same reaction I did. His face was frozen with a blank stare and he stood as still as a statue. I just took this moment to look at him.

Even after 7 months I can still remember every detail about him, except he looks even more gorgeous now than he ever has. His leather jacket clung to his perfectly built arms and his shirt was cut just right so that his collar bones were exposed. His hair was styled in an effortless quiff and was that same pale lilac that I loved so much. His blue eyes sparkled and his virtually nonexistent top lip was just visible as he bit down on his bottom lip. I just stared at him, not wanting to take my eyes off of him, not wanting to blink. I was afraid if I looked away he would disappear, I was afraid this was all a dream. I had waited so long for the moment where I would finally be united with Tyler again, and this was it.