Gronckle Iron

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Today the eight dragon riders were soaring through the sea stacks at top speed with their dragons. Well seven of them were, Fishlegs and Meatlug were doing their best to keep up which wasn't very much, due to Meatlugs' short wing span.

Astrid turned around and saw the duo so far behind. Rolling her eyes, the blonde girl turned to look ahead. The agenda was to look for any Outcast ships, which were reported to be seen near around the area

Having no luck, finding any sign of the ship, the seven dragon riders led their dragons on top of a sea stack.

"We missed it." Snotlout said.

"Once again." Raeda sighed.

"It was headed this way. It must've outrun us." Astrid guessed.

"How does an Outcast ship outrun our dragons?" Hiccup wondered.

Just then Fishlegs and Meatlug arrived at the sea-stack, joining the others.

"That's how." Snotlout answered, getting annoyed at the duo.

"Whoo! We were really moving, girl." Fishlegs said, patting Meatlug."What'd we miss?"

"It's not what you missed. It's what we all missed!" Snotlout retorted.

"Snotlout." Hiccup warned. But his cousin didn't listen.

"What? I'm just calling it like I see it." Snotlout said."If we didn't have slow and really, really slow holding us back,I don't know, maybe we'd have a chance to actually do what we're supposed to be doing!"

"Enough, Snotlout! It's not Fishlegs and Meatlugs' fault and your complaining isn't helping at all." Hicca said.

"She's right, that's a bit harsh." Astrid agreed.

"Guys, he does have a point." Fishlegs admitted.

"Fishlegs..." Hiccup started to say before the Ingerman boy cut him off.

"No, it's no big deal, Hiccup. You guys keep looking." Fishlegs insisted."Meatlug and I will circle back and patrol the cliffs, shore up the rear."

"Are you sure about this?" Hiccup asked.

"You don't have to be left behind." Hicca offered.

"I am sure." Fishlegs said.

"Okay. Well, use your dragon call if you spot anything." Hiccup said.

"You know I will." Fishlegs responded.

"We'll see you back on Berk." Hicca said, before she and the others left.

Fishlegs watched as the rest of the group disappeared from view. He looked a bit down as he turned to his dragon. "Wow, I thought they'd put up more of a fight than that. Didn't you?" Not feeling in the mood for patrolling, Fishlegs flew Meatlug to the beach."You thinking what I'm thinking?" Fishlegs asked Meatlug as he ate some berries."Yeah, that's right.There's plenty of stuff we do better than the others. Like hovering. And zig-zagging.And then there's... stationary flying, which admittedly, is similar to hovering." Fishlegs admitted with a sigh. Meatlug responded by licking her riders face."Oh, girl, you always know how to make me feel better. And I know how to make you feel better too." Fishlegs said, picking up some rocks."Have at 'em, girl."

Soon the duo seemed to be having an eating contest, as they both began to eat more and more at a fast rate.

In hour later, they both slowly walked to the forge, neither of them feeling well. "Gobber...Could you help Meatlug?She's not feeling well." Fishlegs said weakly.