Zippleback Down

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Today, Gobber is the one who came up with the mission for the dragon riders. He assembled them all with their dragons to the Academy and showed them the various dragon traps. He suddenly stepped on a giant bear trap, causing the trap to close up on him! "Aah, the pain! The horror!" The blacksmith yelled, causing everyone to wince and look away.

Gobber then gave out a chuckle. "Don't soil your skivvies. I was just playing around." He said as he himself out of the trap completely unharmed. "But these dragon traps are made to withstand even the toughest of, well, dragons. They're nothing to play around with."

"Uh, I beg to differ. That one with all the teeth's got Tuffnut written all over it." Tuffnut piped in.

"Exactly what I was thinking." Ruffnut said smirking mischievously.

"You two can feel free to experiment on your own time. Now, who can tell me what this trap is called?" Gobber asked, pointing to the bear trap.

"Ruffnut-be-gone?" Tuffnut answered with a laugh. Ruffnut responded by flicking his ear "Ow! Oh, my lobe."

"It's called a snapper." Fishlegs corrected

"Potato, potahto." Tuffnut said dismissively.

"You guys, this is really important. Okay? Eyes forward." Hiccup instructed sternly.

"No problemo." Ruffnut said. But instead of focusing on the traps, the Thorston twins started a staring contest with each other.

Fishlegs continued on, ignoring the blonde twins. "Other traps include ropers, grabbers, and netters."

"Ah, well done, Fishlegs." Gobber praised. "But remembering how to unset them... that's what separates the men from the maimed."

Meatlug growled at the trap, not liking her human being anywhere near it. "Oh, it's alright, girl. Daddy'll be fine." Fishlegs reassured, hugging his dragon. He and Astrid started walking towards the trap. "For the roper, press your foot against the activation line." Fishlegs explained as he does just that.

"Then, remove the latch key, which takes tension off the trigger. Then you can cut the rope." Astrid continued, removing the latch key.

"Someone's been paying attention." Gobber praised, impressed. "And what about the notorious netter trap?"

Determined not to be outdone by the others, Snotlout stepped up. "Ah, ah, ah. I got this one."

"Please, be my guest." Hiccup said, already knowing how it would end.

"Is it wrong to root for the trap?" Astrid whispered to Hicca and Hiccup.

"I don't think so." Hicca answered, also smiling.

"Let's just call it a teaching moment." Hiccup agreed.

"Okay. It's pretty simple, actually." Snotlout said confidently. "You just detach the ropey chain-looking thing, pull the pointy part back. Then... Aah!" Unfortunately for the Jorgenson boy, he stepped right on the trap, causing it to spring up and capture him in the net.

"That is now my favourite trap." Raeda said, amused at the scene unfolding.

"Hookfang, you gonna get me out of here?" Snotlout demanded. The Monstrous Nightmare simply snorted in reply. "Anytime."

"Hiccup, Hicca, you two want to release the beast?" Gobber offered.

"That's not absolutely necessary, is it?" Astrid asked.

"Yeah, I think we can benefit from watching this." Raeda stated.

Gobber ignored the two girls and gestured for the Haddock twins to step up. Toothless and Midnight joined their riders to the trap and allowed the two humans to stand on their heads to get higher to the trap.