Cast Out (Part II)

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Previously on Defenders of Berk

There is a slight discord within the Dragon Riders as Snotlouts defiant nature went too far, leaving Hiccup and Hicca no choice but to suspend their cousin from the Dragon Academy. Rebelling from his leaders, Snotlout stumbled onto the Screaming Death and Alvin the Treacherous, who was revealed to be alive this whole time. The former Outcast leader willingly came back to Berk where he was jailed for his crimes. Alvin offered a truce, claiming to have change, but nobody trusted him. Things went bad when Dagur and his soldiers trapped most of the teens in the Academy with a dragon root, causing the dragons inside to go crazy, in order to get Hiccup and Hicca to hand over Toothless and Midnight to him. But thanks to help from Stoick, Gobber and the Berk soldiers, the Haddock twins were able to foil the Berserker chiefs' plan. However, Dagur was determined not to leave empty-handed and ended up taking Stoick hostage back to Outcast Island.

What will happen now?

Dagur, Savage and a few soldiers walked into the Outcast Arena, where they found their prisoner, Stoick the Vast bound in the center. "Hmm. I trust you're finding your accommodations adequate?" Dagur said to the Berkian chief in mock kindness. Stoick remained silent as he glared at the younger chief. Dagur wasn't fazed by this. "Gosh, those ropes look awfully tight." He signalled his soldiers to adjust Stoicks' binding, but instead of loosening them, the guards tightened them even more. If the chief felt discomfort by this, he was doing a great job hiding it.

"Don't go getting too cozy, Stoick." Dagur continued with a sadistic grin. "Look at it this way. By sundown tomorrow, you'll either be back on Berk or at the bottom of the ocean. It's really up to Hiccup and Hicca. Oof, wow, can't feel too good about that." Stoick continued to glare at Dagur, not saying a word.

Dagur then left his prisoner and took out a piece of parchment from his pocket. "Savage, deliver this ultimatum to Berk." His second in command nodded and took the parchment.

The next morning, the situation in Berk was anything but calm since Stoick was kidnapped.

At the Haddock household, Hicca and Midnight were looking for Hiccup and Toothless. All the villagers were gathered in the Great Hall to discuss a plan to bring back their chief and as the older sibling and acting chief, Hiccup was needed to address the villagers. But neither he nor his dragon was anywhere near the Great Hall so his twin and her dragon were sent to go look for him while Gobber tried to calm the crowd in the Great Hall, which was easier said than done.

After looking in her brothers room and finding it empty, Hicca and Midnight then went to Stoicks' room, the second likely place Hiccup would be at. That was where they found the missing duo, where the human was sitting at the foot of the bed and the dragon was staring at the human with a worried expression.

"Hiccup." Hicca called to her brother.

"He was right there, sis." Hiccup said, his eyes downcast. "I could've saved him. I could've done something. I could've-"

"This isn't on you Hiccup." Hicca interrupted. "There was nothing you or any of us could've done to prevent this. We can't dwell on the past. Right now, we're needed in the Great Hall."

She extended her hand to help her brother off the bed. However, he ignored it and got up himself leaving the room with Toothless following him. Hicca and Midnight exchanged a look before leaving to catch up with the boys.

The four of them enter the Great Hall, where they found every villager crowded around the center stage yelling at the top of their voices. Gobber was at the front of the stage trying to calm them down.