Cast Out (Part I)

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

"Nothing like starting the morning with a good ambush." Gobber said to Bucket and Mulch.

For their training today, Hiccup and Hicca had Gobber, Bucket and Mulch and a few other vikings positioned at the catapults, ready to fire at the dragon riders on sight.

Right on cue, the dragon riders flew above them.

"Catapult, fire!" Gobber ordered the vikings on ground as soon as he saw the dragons. Immediately, large boulders were hurled at the dragons.

Fishlegs was the first to spot the boulders. "Ambush!"

"Plasma blast, bud!" Hiccup ordered.

"Midnight, fire!" Hicca ordered.

The two Night Furies were able to hit their targets spot on, clearing away some of the boulders, however, there were still many boulders coming one after another, causing the dragons to dodge them.

One of the boulders came inches away from hitting Ruffnut.

"That thing almost took my head off!" The Thorston girl commented.

"It did?!" Tuffnut asked, getting excited. He then turned to the people on the ground. "Gobber! Do it again!"

"Fall back, everyone! There's too many of them!" Hiccup ordered, as the vikings on the ground reloaded the catapults. At the command he and the rest of the dragon riders flew away from the oncoming boulders.

Well almost everyone.

"You fall back! I am going in to finish this!" Snotlout exclaimed to his retreating team-mates.

"Snotlout, that is not the exercise! Retreat!" Hiccup demanded, but it fell on deaf ears.

"Not again." Hicca muttered.

Snotlout flies right towards the catapults, much to the surprise of Gobber and the other vikings below. "I got your retreat. Right here!" With that, Hookfang fired right at the catapults, causing all the vikings to quickly jump out of the way. Satisfied by the job well done, Snotlout and Hookfang flew back to the group, but what they didn't notice was that the one of the blasts caused a reloaded catapult to launch a boulder. The boulder flew right passed Snotlout and Hookfang, neither of whom have noticed, and towards the rest of the dragon riders and dragons.

Raeda saw the boulder flying right towards Astrid and Stormfly!

"Astrid, look out!" The raven haired girl yelled.

Astrid looked turned back to see the boulder heading towards her and Stormfly. On instinct, the blue Nadder quickly swerved and dodged the boulder, but Astrid was caught off guard by this and wasn't prepared. This caused her to lose her grip and her balance off her saddle and she suddenly found herself free-falling!

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

"ASTRID!" Hiccup yelled. Immediately he had Toothless nosedive right after her at top speed, hoping to catch her before she hit the ground. Astrid hit a few branches in her fall, causing her to lose consciousness. The last thing she saw was Toothless flying closer to her...

When Astrid woke up, she was meet with a concerned Hicca

"Oh, thank goodness! You've regained consciousness." Hicca sighed in relief

"What? What happened?" Astrid asked, dazed and confused.

"Snotlout happened." Raeda explained, anything but impressed at the stunt the Jorgenson boy pulled, and she wasn't the only one.