Bing, Bam, Boom!

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Hiccup, Hicca, Midnight and Toothless were at the cliffs of Berk, the two humans were just finishing setting up their newest invention, a large horn. "There we go." Hiccup said as he and his twin stepped back to examine their work. "There, that should do it. So what do you think, bud?"

Toothless just gave a bored grumble while Midnight warbled as she looked at the strange device in curiousity.

"Ah, reserving your opinion till you see it work." Hiccup said. "I'm good with that."

"It better work, It took a lot of begging to get Gobber to let us take all this metal." Hicca commented.

"It will work, sis. You'll see." Hiccup reassured.

"Hicca, Hiccup, are you up there?" Stoick voice called before he and Thornado emerged from below the cliffs and landed near the twins. "Thornado and I were busy surveying the village and..." Stoick began to explain as he got off Thornado. He paused when he noticed the giant horn. "What in the name of thor is that contraption?"

"We call it the thunder-ear." Hiccup answered.

"It can track dragon sounds from miles away." Hicca explained.

"And that hopefully includes our friend, the Screaming Death." Hiccup continued.

"And you're just in time to see us demonstrate." Hicca finished

"All right, demonstrate away." Stoick said.

"Okay, now put your ear up to this." Hiccup instructed, guiding his father to the narrow end of the horn. "Toothless, plasma blast."

Toothless fired into the air. A good distance away from Berk, Fishlegs and Meatlug were hovering and saw the plasma blast. "Oh, there's the signal, girl. Do you remember the song? What am I saying? Of course you do." He then cleared his throat and started to sing, with Meatlug accompanying him in her dragony singing.

Well, I've got my ax

And I've got my mace

And I love my wife with the ugly face

I'm a Viking through and through

Being able to hear the singing through the horn, Stoick cringed and moved his ear away from it. "All right, Fishlegs. You and Meatlug come out from wherever you're hiding." He then turned to his kids "Very funny, kids. Joke's on the chief."

"Dad, it's not a joke. Look." Hicca said. She handed her father the spy-glass and pointed out at the sea. Stoick used the spy-glass to look at where his daughter was pointing and saw that Fishlegs and Meatlug were indeed farther away from them than he thought and were still singing.

The chief then gave an impressed look. He went back to listening through the horn. "I think we could use this to hear enemy ships approaching as well. "That thunder-ear gets the chief's seal of..." He paused when another sound, specifically another voice, caught his attention. "Hang on."

"The dragons we've slain!"

"Is that..." He effortlessly turned horn towards the village to get a better listen and sure enough he could hear Gobber talking with another villager.

"Stoick? Ha! He'd be lost without me. I'm his right-hook man, you might say. Of course he'd never admit it." Gobber bragged. "And if you repeat this, I'll deny I was ever here."

"Right-hook man, eh?" Stoick grumbled. Oh, he is definitely going to have a talk with Gobber about this next he sees him. The chief then heard a screeching sound through the horn and cringed. "Ugh, oh, one of you can signal Fishlegs and Meatlug to stop." He said to his kids. "I don't know who's a worse singer, boy or the dragon."