The Night and the Fury

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

In the Dragon Academy, Hiccup gathered everyones' attention to the board. "Okay, gang, over here. Tomorrow's training mission was actually Astrid's idea, so I will let her explain it."

His statement caused the other teens, except for Hicca and Astrid, to groan in annoyance. Even some of the dragons were not happy with this.

"What?" Astrid asked, looking at everyone confused.

"Your training missions are so hard!" Fishlegs complained.

"They are not." Astrid argued.

"Astrid, take this from a girl who went through the Henderson style training since she was eight, you're training missions are hard." Raeda stated.

"Yeah, like hand-to-claw combat?" Fishlegs said, holding up his bandaged hand. Meatlug licked the hand to offer comfort, to which Fishlegs responded with a hug.

"Spine-Dodging?" Snotlout reminded everyone.

"Hot Lava-Swimming?" Tuffnut piped in.

"We never did that." Astrid pointed out.

"Yeah, but you should've. Way better than Hand-to-Claw Combat." Tuffnut said.

"Well, this mission is easy. Dragon Island. You just have to go from this beach on the East side to this cave on the West side." Astrid explained, pointing to the map on the board.

That seemed to be reasonable to the other teens, as they gave their agreements.

"At night." Astrid added.

That gained protests from Snotlout, Ruffnut, Tuffnut and Fishlegs

"With no camping gear."

More protests.

"And no dragons."

Even more protests.

"Hicca you're the healer, you should ban this! This is bad for our health." Ruffnut pointed out.

"This isn't as bad compared to our other missions by Astrid." Hicca pointed out. "Plus I will provide all of you with a medical and a sheet of instructions so easy to follow that even you and Tuffnut will understand it."

"Wow that is impressive." Tuffnut commented.

"Uh, back to this mission. It's crazy! What's the point?!" Snotlout demanded.

"To work on our stealth skills and our Wild Dragon Defense." Astrid answered.

"Astrid's right. We all know how strong we are with our dragons, but we have to be able to survive and defend ourselves if we ever get separated from them." Hiccup explained.

"I hate to admit this but this is probably a good idea." Raeda said.

"It is! And trust me. It'll be fun!" Astrid reassured.

She only got more complaints from Snotlout, Fishlegs and the Thorston twins.

That night, after packing what they needed and informing their parents about their mission, the teens flew off to Dragon Island.

"Okay, one of us is gonna have to skip the drill and take the dragons to the cave on the other side of the island. That way, they won't try and help us."

Suddenly a wild Nadder started attacking them, causing the teens to run for cover. Toothless, Midnight, Meatlug and Stormfly quickly fired back, sending the wild dragon away.