Chapter 6: Competitions all over

The slider door opened to reveal a pink haired girl walk in, closely followed by Ichigo. Ichigo looked over to see Goro signalling who the girl was, and Hiro looking, as if put under a spell. His clear blue eyes, that had mesmerised her on so many occasions, were not only gawking in an obvious manner. But the gawking was at the pinkette!

Ichigo was developing even more negative thoughts towards her new 'friend'.

Ichigo looked around and saw Nana teaching the class, most of who were also gawking at Zero two. Nana had paused her teaching and turned to the new comers.

'Good job in bringing our new student, Ichigo.' she complimented. 'Now would you kindly, take your seat. You two were a tad bit late.'

Ichigo went to go take her seat, Zero two closely following; making her way towards where Hiro's desk was. Ichigo's scowl became a silent smirk as Zero two was told to come back to the front of the class.

'Everyone,' spoke Nana. 'This is our new student, Zero two.'

By now the gawking from the boys and jealous stares of the girls had all turned away in neutral faces as all eyes made their way to the set of horns, adorning the tall girls head, like a crown. All except Hiro of course. This drew him deeper into a trance. His gaze never wavered; always watching the figure in sort of, curious daze. Apart from Hiro's attention, the other that was solely focused on a person (instead of work paper or a plain pencil), was Ichigo, who was glowering furiously at Hiro for, looking at someone other than her those eyes.

'I hope that all of you will welcome her with open arms, as she will be in our midst for a while.' said Nana.

The classroom still sported blank stares at desks and stationary. Pissing of it's teacher.

'Well?' Nana said, trying to hold in her annoyance as, how it seemed that this was more difficult than expected. She looked at the clock on the wall and decided to see how the all interacted with Zero two.

'If you're all going to look at your desk like statues, at least say hi to your classmate. You can have ten minutes to introduce yourselves to Zero two here-'

'Before that happens,' spoke up Zero two. 'I would like to properly introduce, if that's okay?' she said, her tone becoming more innocent to what Ichigo recalled it being from previous remarks. 'Apart from the name, that is.' deceived the girl.

'Make it short,' replied Nana. 'We need to resume class soon.' with that, she sat down at the teachers desk.

'Yes, Nana.'

The student walked to the front of the class, where all the desks were pointed.

'As you know, my name is Zero two and I can't wait to spend time with you all!' she said tilting her head to the side, eyes closed, and smiling cutely.

The class was slightly taken off edge, yet still skeptical of their new peer. No one their had seen a girl with pink hair and horns. No one there had seen a student from APE Academy for that matter. The horns were only the beginning of their misconceptions and fears of the girl.

'I know we will be great friends...' her gaze halting on Hiro, thus drawing the rest of the classes gazes. No matter how much the boys convinced themselves otherwise, Zero two was beauty to behold. And one that would attract the attention of many.

Hiro shuddered under the glares radiating from the rest of the class. Zero two's line of sight holding a sinister look to it.

After surviving through the onslaught of looks and stares, Hiro and the rest of the class were told to take out their maths books and pencils and pens. A long day, thought Hiro to himself. And it would be just that.

≈ θ ≈

'Uhhh!' whined the ash blonde. 'Why did we have maths in the morning periods!'

'Because, it is important for whatever brain cells are left in that thick skull of yours that, you know these things when you don't have someone to look after you!' retorted the red head.

'Hey!' came back the boy. 'Of course I have brain cells!' He crossed his arms and a smug grin made it's way to his face.

'After all,' he smirked. 'I am the great Zorome after all!'

He grinned as his 'counterpart' came up with an even better comeback,

'At least I'm not one to repeat the same phrase twice!' she grinned. It took a good thirty seconds for the boy to realise that he said "after all" twice. He turned to his "friend" to berant them only to find that she had given him a cute, and innocent, giggly smile; throwing him off his train of thought. He stood there about to throw more aggression towards her only to blush and look away. By this time, the girl had turned away to her close friend, Kokoro.

'Hey Kokoro!' she yelled right beside her. 'What did you think of the new girl?'

'Um...' replied Kokoro, somehow surviving the hammer of Miku's voice. 'She seemed... nice?'

Miku gave her a look. 'What do you meeeaaan, nice?' she asked. 'You know she's not normal.' she said, her eyes squinting in an accusing manner.

Kokoro looked away, guilty as if she had something to do with Zero two's horns. Kokoro was a caring soul, but the girl sent shivers down her spine, nevertheless. After a moment to think, Kokoro said,

'If anything, I think that this is a chance to make friends with a incredibly unique person!' she smiled.

The two heard a scoff, as the group of friends lost one of it's members. Them, reclining to the dorms. The boy was none other than,

'Mitsuru...' whispered Kokoro, her feeling of guilt resurfacing. It was a quite fact or rumour that had been spreading between the friends, that Kokoro had been developing feeling towards the stoic teen. It had been silently confirmed between both sides of the group's 'sides'. The only one oblivious to Kokoro's, and even Mitsuru's feelings; was Futoshi, as the only thing that could sink was an item of food. This also being for everything other than relationships and pubescent hormones. All Futoshi had learned in any of the past lessons on puberty and being a teenager was that they would be growing more, taking this as an excuse for his eating problems.

The group as a whole had all acknowledged Futoshi's obsessive crush on Kokoro and had all deemed it a lost cause as his crush would see fantasising off in class, only to be scolded by Nana or their other teacher. This would draw out a chorus of laughs and amusement from the rest of the class. Seeing his friends (specifically Kokoro), Futoshi had begun to believe this as a sign that she was in some sense, returning these feelings.

Back to the present, Futoshi saw Kokoro being downed by Mitsuru's absence and her sense of longing proved just enough to step in and 'save the day'.

'Don't worry, Kokoro!' said Futoshi. 'It's Mitsuru! He'll be fine!' he attempted to comfort.

'...'

And with that, the group headed to the common rooms after a long day of work and questions.

≈ θ ≈

Hey there, so at the moment, with how much I'm writing, I plan to steadily increase the word count from where it is now to around about double the amount (1000 approx. words - 2000 approx. words). Apart from that, I would just like to say, thank you again for all of the reads so far, it means a lot. Just as three extra notes, 1. I will be making these authour's notes shorter unless there is something related to the story or whatever, etc. 2. I am still looking for suggestions, especially ones from my other book which includes ideas and stuff I'm keen on and all that. 3. I am doing my best to be posting a new chapter every Saturday, and I am getting to the point where I am able to post at least two/one a week. Last thing, have a nice whenever, and keep smiling.

- Eclipse