Chapter 21: Confusion, Separation and Anticipation

It was as if a had bomb had gone off and left the squad deafened for an entire second. It was another one of those times when there was utter and complete silence that instead of being tranquil and calm, was built up with pressure and shock. They had all pretty much known it. About Goro. But hearing it out loud was something they didn't know would grace their ears. But having him blurt it out all of a sudden in such a place, timing, and situation was something that none had anticipated.

'I-I...' Ichigo could only splutter out a remark.

Goro came closer and hugged her, her head resting against his chest. He pulled away and turned to the dorms of Mistilteinn. He hadn't said a word after he had made his declaration. His eyes were veiled by his glasses even with the low level of light in the hallways. No one tried to follow him, and no one tried to talk either. Ichigo was left motionless for what seemed like millennia. Her arms were slightly curled out into the air as if she had in fact somewhat embraced Goro in that moment of truth.

'What just happened?' asked Zorome.

≈ θ ≈

Zero two had barely held in her... feelings throughout dinner. It was exceptionally hard for her as it was Ichigo in the equation.

'God, she's so hard to look at! How could darling live with... living with her!'

After dinner had actually finished, she imagined that Ichigo would most likely be visiting Hiro first thing, hoping to beat Zero two there.

'It would be pointless either way if he wasn't conscious... How pitiful humans are with how much sleep they need. My time could be better spent...'

She had rushed off to the sickbay startling a few students along the way.

She made it and found that Ichigo hadn't made it herself. Zero two almost sneered in amusement.

'How pointless friends are... Why do you have them if they just stall you? Pathetic...'

Remembering why she should've run for, Zero two entered the room. When she did her heart lept.

'DARLING!' she screeched, leaping onto her prey.

'Wat the-' Hiro shouted.

She had run over to him and did probably the longest long jump in confined spaces ever to be witnessed by a human. One could say she had "yoted" to her darling.

'Darling!' she said. 'I missed you!'

'Can't breathe, Zero two...' Hiro said through his blush.

When she had crossed the distance from the door and the medical bed on which Hiro rested, she had landed, sprawled all over him, with her... chest resting on his... face... Not the best situation for a pubescent teen to experience, depending on what view you had on the situation.

She looked down and didn't feel an ounce of embarrassment.

'Wow, darling~ Didn't know you were into that sort of thing~' she teased. She began leaning forward, pressing his face... deeper into her cleavage.

'Please! Zero two, I'm only-'

'Fine darling,' Zero two almost sounded dejected as she got off her love. 'You will have to take responsibility... eventually...'

Hiro swallowed his partial excitement.

'I-I'm, n-not ready for th-that sort of thing yet-'

'Geeze darling! Didn't know you were that excited!' she grinned at him.