Chapter 20: Guilt or Grudge

Zero two had been waiting for probably what was a few hours. Hiro hadn't moved or shown any signs of consciousness. Even if this was the case, she did not intend to leave his side for a second. There might have been a reason not to, but her free time for the next day was spent by his side.

'I'm here for you darling; I'm right here... I won't leave you...'

For a second his heart rate had jumped concerningly

'Darling?'

Hiro didn't respond as he was still asleep.

'Could it be that he heard me? He's not awake so how...' she smiled a bit. 'My wonderful darling... My one and only darling...'

She leaned down towards his face and studied his features. His face was calm and tranquil, barely moving at all. She would have been worried about this but the heart rate and monitor were enough to keep her content.

She sat there for a while, just staring at his resting face. His body was still, as well, and would make small flinches at imaginary things that seemed to shift across his face with smallest of marks.

Leaning further down; Zero two closed her eyes as her eyes neared his forehead.

Her smile grew into a grin as an idea was formed.

Instead of kissing his forehead, she gave it a teasing lick, enough to send his heart rate a little bit off from the consistent rhythm it held.

She stood up and began to walk towards the door of the sickbay room.

The school had a large sickbay with cream coloured walls and beds. Each bed had matching curtains and bedsheets.

As she neared the doorway, she heard a scurry of footsteps and little squeaks of alarm. She had rounded the corner and found no one there at the door, only more of the rushed jitters from around the corner of the hallway.

She sighed and walked towards the corner.

Again, as she came closer to the corner, whoever was watching had run out of the hallway into whatever part of the school they ran off to.

'Probably the dorms...' She sneered at the thought of someone peeping at her and her darling.

Zero two entered the sickbay once again expecting Hiro to be sitting up in his bed. But reality was often disappointing. He had not wakened and was still sleeping. She would just have to come again either later or tomorrow.

Looking onto the resting boy, she whispered a "goodbye" and left the room for dinner.

'Get better soon, darling...'

≈ θ ≈

'That was close...' Zorome was panting and wheezing from their narrow escape.

'Looks like the great Zorome is *pant* *pant* is a bit out of shape...*sigh*' Miku was also panting heavily as she was of similar physique and stature. Maybe a little more on the thinner side though.

'You're one to talk, Miku!' Zorome was whisper shouting to Miku as they had only just missed Zero two, twice! 'You're just as skinny as me, if not thinner!'

Miku put on a pouting face and began walking to the common rooms.

'You should never talk that way to a girl, Zorome! No wonder you're terrible with girls...'

'Hey! If you were-'

'Don't finish that sentence, Zorome...'

'Sorry! I take what it back!' Zorome brought his hands up to his face, preparing for the onslaught of attacks that would be coming for him. What surprised him was that she hadn't.