Chapter 10: Hidden Gatherings

'What...' thought Ichigo. 'Did she say...'

Zero two smiled at her prey as she loomed over her prey. Her uniform and scarf were over draped Hiro as he stumbled further backwards. He eventually tripped on a branch and continued to look up at his pursuer.

Ichigo crept through the underbrush, wanting to get a closer look. Who knows why.

Zero two was smiling as her pursue was bearing fruit. All she had to do was reel in the catch.

She flicked her hair and scarf over her shoulder as she bent down over Hiro.

His face was flustered and held a look of confusion at the enchantress's actions.

'Well?' asked Zero two. 'Is there something you have to say for yourself? Any words of disgust or offence?'

'What?'

Zero two's smile became a scowl as she was forced to spit it out loud.

'Isn't it obvious... I chose you, because you're the first person to not look at me in the same way...'

'What way?'

'They all see me me for what I am, and not who... that's why I will keep you as my darling... if you're up to it?' her look was hopeful and waiting.

'I don't understand...'

She giggled, making Hiro's heart flutter and Ichigo's envy stir.

'You will in due time, darling~' she leaned in towards Hiro's cheek. Both Hiro and Ichigo's heart's racing with different emotions and thoughts.

Her breath was warm and soft. Nothing had made him feel as ecstatic as he did at that moment.

His excitement was downed quickly as it had started. Needless to say he was still... invigorated nevertheless.

Her lips parted and she gave him a small... lick?

He blinked unsure as to what he witnessed.

She licked her lips and whispered softly in his ear,

'You have the taste of danger...'

'W-What?'

She giggled and moved back. 'What? Did you expect a kiss?'

Hiro didn't know what to expect. He went there to get answers to his questions on the girl, and gained questions about her. He had in several situations tried to ask questions, but had forgotten almost everything he was trying to say. In the meantime, he sat there like an idiot staring at her as she stood back up.

'The look on your face says that you did.' she teased. 'Pervert.'

'I am not a pervert!' protested Hiro. 'Never have been!'

'Of course, darling~'

After standing up, he moved back again at her words, embarrassed and confused. Ichigo in the bushes felt the mixture of anger and jealousy rise as Zero two was, "winning" in her eyes.

'We couldn't have your innocence, broken now, could we darling?' she taunted.

Hiro's pouting face made Zero two laugh even more.

'Why do you call me that?' he asked. She looked at him, and continued smiling.

'Because you make me interested like no one else has ever done before. Plus you like to gawk at me, and not many people are willing to do that openly.'

He blushed.

'How come you entered school later than everyone else?'

'Not everyone is the same.' her eyes were once again distant and remembering as she recalled something that seemed unpleasant.