Chapter 15: Dusk to Dawn

'It's no use, Kokoro...' said Miku. 'It's been a long day and as much as Ichigo would appreciate you cheering up someone, as you usually do; sometimes it's better to just let them be alone.'

Kokoro stood up from Ichigo's bed. She had been sitting down beside her from the moment she had entered Ikuno's and Ichigo's room. When she and Miku had gone into her room, Ichigo had already thrown the covers of her bed over herself and was clutching the closest part of the blanket to her face. It was too dark to see anything, but Miku and Kokoro new how much Hiro meant to Ichigo, wether or not it being about her obvious/unacknowledged crush on him, or the fact that one of their closest and oldest friends just talked about Hiro in such a way.

What Mitsuru said definitely went close to home with the rest of the squad, not as much as the ones closer to Hiro, nevertheless it still went in deep.

It definitely did raise questions about Hiro as well though. If they didn't get anything from Ichigo, they would have guessed something was up. Something that would get Hiro out of his room when he could've been was certainly something the squad would have been curious about. When thinking about Hiro, they would become hopeful, or concerned for what was going on with him, or just anything in general that was going through his head. Talking about depression was one thing, but having a personal friend dip towards it was one of the hardest things to deal with as a person. That's why it's always important to reach out, no matter how much they tell you it's ok. When there are people in your life that are special to you, don't let them go.

'Come on... Let's let her get some rest...' Miku led Kokoro out of the dorm room, letting Ikuno in to get ready for bed.

After Kokoro and Miku had left, and Ikuno was sure no one was nearby; she went closer to Ichigo, her hand outstretched for Ichigo's shoulder.

As if sensing its' presence, Ichigo drew in her shoulder further towards the bed and chest.

Knowing that this wasn't the best time to have a chat, Ikuno got changed and ready for bed, then hopped into her bed with a book she was reading. Not long after, the room was silent.

≈ θ ≈

The next morning. Everyone got up with the hopes for a bright er day.

Wait sorry, this never happened.

It was the weekend.

Specifically, Saturday.

And any sensible teenager (or anyone, for that matter), would be sleeping in for a well earned sleep-in.

On weekends, the Academy would have an open breakfast period that was more relaxed on the students, allowing them to get extra rest if necessary. The breakfast was held for three hours, from 7 to 10 in the morning. This was because some students, who were in desperate need of a mental check-up; would continue their routine of the week and get up in the morning for what ever reason they had.

If a student make the period, they would have to scrounge for food out in the nearby city, buying it with money that they had earned themselves.

Most of the squad was still in bed, with some like Ikuno and Mitsuru going out for an early meal (Mitsuru probably got up early so he could avoid everyone else), reading a book, making plans for the weekend and other stuff like that.

One pair that was unusually awake was Zero two, and Hiro.

Hiro hadn't gotten any sleep the night prior, and Zero two rarely slept at all. She would get all of her energy necessary for the day in her meals.

Hiro had been kept up by the guilt he felt after-making his classmate feel so uncomfortable, without even trying.

'I'll have to make it up to her...' he thought 'somehow...'