Hybrid [Part 23]

For the first time in a long time, you finally slept through the whole night. You decide to walk around for a little while, preferably away from the pack. Although they accepted you, they still don't trust you and you feel their eyes burn into your back.

You walk over to a little river and sits down. You still have a hard time with the fact that your best friend for the past 17 years turned out to be your sister, and that she will most likely kill you.But somehow you can't help but thinking why she didn't

Then your mind drifts over to Daniel. Will he be alright? And what about his sister.

"So this is where you're hiding?"

You turn around and see Adam walking towards you. "Kinda, I just had to get out of there."

"I understand how you feel."

“You do?”

"Demons aren't that popular, that's why I didn't wanna come here." Adam says and sits down beside you. "I don't understand it though, I mean...I am so handsome and funny." He smirks and you laughs.

"Yeah, and so modest" you added.

He shrugs and makes a cute face.

"You're worried about him?" Adam suddenly asks.

At first you can't understand what he meant, but then you remember. "Yeah. It's weird. He betrayed us, but I can't help but worry about him."

"You're not the only one. Dan was our friend for years." Adam moves closer to you. "I would never betray you" He whisper in your ear and kisses you softly.

"I know." You smile and you lay your head on his shoulder. You sit like this for a while until Ethan finds you. "So this is where you are?"

You and Adam gets up. "There is a meeting, one I think we would attend." Ethan says and starts to walk back.

"Why? It’s not like they care about me. Or us."

"The meeting is about you."

“Oh...okay then.”

You run past him and back to the pack. They are all standing around a tall tree. Under it, you see the big man again. "We have questions." He says and every one looks at you.

"Questions? what kind of questions?" You look at the man standing under the tree.

"Questions like why are you here?" Every one looks at you.

"Well, I really don't know the answer to that one."

"You don't?"

"No because I didn't come here by choice."

You hear gasps and whispering, but ignores it."Some man gave me a necklace and that’s how I got here. You could ask him, but according to my sister he won't be a problem anymore, so I am guessing he is dead."

The man walk towards you. He sniffs you. "You smell like werewolf. But you're something else."

You cross your arms and roll your eyes. "Yeah, I am a hybrid, a combination of the two stupid races. Is there anything else you want to know?"

He looks around and a little boy steps forward

"Are you mean?" the boy asks and looks at you with sad eyes.

You bow down and smiles. "No, I am not."

Then the boy's mother walk over and pulls her son away from you.

"What can you do?" Some one asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Your powers?"

“I have no idea”

"She is strong, stronger than a werewolf. Ask Ethan, he knows." Adam says and looks at Ethan, who blushes a little.

"What else?"

You tilt your head a little. "I am strong, fast, my senses have improved and......That's all I know for the moment."

"How is your relationship with the one who deceived you." That question pissed you off.

"He didn't have a choice." You hisses. "You didn't answer my question. We need to know that we can trust you and that you're not on your sister's side."

My sister wants me dead, what do you think?" you say and glare at him.

"I think you didn't answer my question." He glare back and you catch a glint of Ethan and Adam watching carefully.

"He is my friend" You say and he seems to accept it.

"Are we done?" You ask the man and he nods. Then you quickly walk past Ethan and Adam, back to the river. It calms you down, being there. But you're not alone for long. Suddenly you see a shadow in front of you.

The shadow walks slowly towards you. Your instincts tell you to run, but your gut tells you otherwise. The shadow is so close now, you can see that there is a person wearing a hood. He slowly removes it and your eyes widen. "Daniel?"