Hybrid [Part 26]

You look around you. Every one is either building some thing for protection or fighting. Some of the elders teach the children how to fight back, some with a playful tone, others in a strict way. Most of the women are getting the weapons ready.

Then you see Zerlina, she is staring straight at you. Something's different, her eyes isn't as green as they were earlier. You get up and walk towards her.

"Hi Zerlina." She doesn't answer, she just looks at you.

"Is there something wrong?"

Again she doesn't answer, she just leaves.

Confused, you decide to find Adam and Ethan. They're fighting and preparing themselves away from the pack.

"The last time you did that, you nearly killed each other."

They stop and look at you, smiling.

"Which brings me to another question, aren't the vampires suppose to be immortal?"

Ethan and Adam nods.

"And how do you kill immortals?" "Well, basically you either stab them in the heart or get rid of their head"

"Kinda the same way goes for me, except you need silver."

"And demons?"

"You don't kill demons." Adam walks toward you. "You send them back to hell."He whispers and smirks. "And how do you kill a hybrid?"

"No idea" Ethan answers

"Why all this questions?"

"No reason, continue what you were doing." You say and turns away from them. You start walking back to the pack, but turns and walk into the woods. The river is nearly dried out. Still, you sit down there like you used to

"Hi" Adam says and sits down by your side.

"Done training?"

"Yep, Ethan got tired of being beaten." He says and winks.

You smile half hearted.

"What's wrong?"

“Nothing”

"Liar"

You look at him, of course you were lying, but you didn't want him to know. "Seriously, it's nothing."

"Liar, liar, pants on fire" Adam smirks.

"I have a lot on my mind, that's all."

"Like what?"

"Like I don't wanna talk about it."

"I understand if you're scared, we all are."

You lay down on the dry grass, looking at the sky."I am scared, but because of what is happening."

Adam lies down beside you."What are you scared of?"

"Anna."

"I can understand that, I mean she wants to kill you"

"That's not it."

Adam rolls over so he can look at you.

"What?"

 "I am afraid I might have to kill her."

Adam glares at you. "Are you insane?! How can you be scared of that?!" He yells and you stands up and walks. Adam gets up and follows you.

"She is my sister."

"Who wants to kill you?! Did you forget that?"

You glare at him and yell: I've never killed anyone, and it's not that easy to kill my own flesh and blood!!!

"Do you think that will stop her?"

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Adam walks a few steps back from you."When did you two meet?"

You roll your eyes. "When we were five or six."

Adam walks closer to you again. "Do you honestly think that was a coincidence?

“Sure it was!”

"12 years ago she found out about you. Do you know what she did?"

You shake your head.

"She killed your father, her father. Blood ties won't help you."

"Really? Consider this, she have had plenty of opportunities to kill me, she had more than ten years. She could have killed me when Daniel caught me, which she didn't! Explain that to me." You triumphs and Adam blushes.

"She was my friend for years, it might explain why she has a hard time killing me."

"Even your best friend sometimes stab you in the back." Adam mutters.

"Are you referring to Daniel?  He had no choice, you know that.”

"Do not get angry at me, I wasn't the one who betrayed my best friends. He stabbed us in the back!" Adam growls and his eyes are slightly red.

"Really? What about me? I am stuck here with a bunch of werewolves who will kill me. Who can I trust?"

"They don't want to kill you."

"Oh yes they will. And do you know why they don't? Because they're scared, petrified." You whisper. When you look at Adam, and he looks shameful. "But I can trust you, and Ethan, even Daniel."

"We will never hurt you. But you know we can't keep doing this." He smirks.

"Doing what?"

"Keep sneaking around. You need to make a choice. I would prefer if it were me but, I won't be angry if it's not. Just disappointed."

"I know."

Adam stares at you confused. "That's it?"

You nod and smile. Then your eyes catch a glint of something. There is someone in the forest. You walk past Adam to see what it is. By a tree stands a young girl, with black hair and brown eyes.

You sniff, because you remembered that your senses are stronger now, since you're a hybrid. Your eyes locks themselves on her, she is a vampire.