To Catch A Runaway

2nd person pov

You sat on the cargo ship area below the deck, you had no idea how long it had been since you left Duckburg. Maybe, 2 or 3 days you've been there. you had no idea where you were going or what your next move was going to be. all you knew was that you had to follow your heart, that's what mattered to you.

you sat up against a wooden crate, staring out the cargo ship's window sadly. Sans was next to you; he was slurping on his spaghetti. He hummed, "oh this is really good. You want some kiddo?" you didn't answer, just stared out the window. sans smiled faltered a little.

Ever since the incident you hadn't spoken a word, nor have you even moved from your spot. It was pretty much bumming him out seeing you like this. he was used to your happy and smiling self, even though he knew it was fake. He hummed thinking to himself about how to get you to smile.

He grinned, "hey kid. Don't worry about a thing. Everything gonna be fine, I can feel it in my bones!" He looked at you, waiting for you to laugh at his pun. You just stood there quietly staring out the window. You didn't even let out a chuckle at it.

he frowned a little, you always laugh at his puns no matter how stupid and corny they were. it worried him. 

He walked away but soon came back. he screamed as he laid on the ground covered in ketchup, "y/n help! I'm dying!" He overdramatically coughed. You didn't respond, you just ignored him.

he sighed, "c'mon kiddo, your killing me here! Just say something!" you looked up at him, "can I please be alone for a while?" He seemed hurt at your request, you wanted to be alone without... him?

He, nonetheless, cleared up his hurt expression, "u-uh ye-yeah. Su-sure kiddo! I-I'll just go over here." He awkwardly walked away from you as you stared back out the window. He poked his head back out the crate, "but if you need something just call me! I'm right here! Heh." You didn't give him an answer.

He awkwardly sat down on the other side of the crate, hugging himself. He sighed sadly. Sure, he didn't really 'like' scrooge and his family, but they were one of the main things that actually made you happy in life. That's pretty much the only reason he hasn't even hurt anyone.

He stared down at a piece of paper. It was the drawing you drew of him and yourself when you were 2. He smiled a little at it. he looked up once he heard a whisper, Sans. We need you." He groaned and snapped his fingers.

He appeared to be on top of the cargo ship. There was the figure in the cloak as was tad strange beside them. He had his arms crossed as his usual blank and bored look was on his face. Sans stuck his hands in his pockets, "what is it now? I have a crisis with a broken kid right so this better be about something important, like cookies. Or ketchup.

The figure sighed, "sans. Koby's trying to follow y/n so he can capture her. we need your help with keeping him at bay until she reaches the temple then she'll be safe." Sans stared at them, "alright I'm sold. But, just give me a minute. I gotta go tell y/n."

he snapped his fingers appeared by your side, "Uh heya kiddo. I have to go and do some important business, I don't know how long I'll be gone but I promise I'll be back okay? Do me a favor and stay safe, don't do anything stupid." You just waved him off. He stared at you sadly before disappearing. He landed back by the cloaked person, "alright. Where to first?" The three then disappeared.

You sat in the cargo space quietly, until you saw a tiny rat. You stared at it as it looked around for food. you reached into your pocket before reaching out towards it.

it sniffed at your hands, you smiled gently, "go on. take it." it looked up at you before carefully walking towards you. as it began to nibble the food you felt the harp pain go through your chest and heart. Nightmare.