A New Challenger Arrives

"Think, Izuku, where did you mess up?"

Midoriya replayed the past months since he started dating Uraraka. Again he had the feeling he messed up somewhere. There had to be a reason, he thought as Hagakure dragged him around to the library, whining about some difficulties she was having with a particular subject. He let her lead the way, so Midoriya didn't have to worry about seeing where he was going while his mind raced. Such was his engrossment on his own thoughts, he even ignored the fact that she had her right arm wrapped tightly around his left one AND the many students looking at them while they crossed the school hallways. This action. Those actions he noticed recently. They had to have a reason.

For starters, Hagakure didn't go to the library. It was an unspoken fact that everyone agreed, even the invisible girl. Being always full of energy and having her bubbly nature, she just couldn't keep quiet for long periods, something strictly necessary in that type of ambient, hence the awkwardness of their actual situation. She had no problem studying with her friends, but going to the library told Midoriya that something was off, and he naturally started to think about what possible mistakes he could have done. Of course he was to blame, right?

If so, he must have done something awful because it wasn't only her. In fact, his whole harem had been acting different and, if he could tell, they had been kind of on the edge. Second case, Tsuyu is being extremely clingy with him. Midoriya could count on his fingers the total of hours he had without her at least two meters away from him. She sat so close at his side during lunch that their shoulders brushed every time. Between classes she kept coming to his desk. At the dorms, no matter what he was doing or where he was, the frog girl was with him or near him. She also got a habit of hugging him a lot whenever they were out of sight.

Third case, Yaoyorozu and her nearly control freak manners. Not that he didn't feel the caring and affection she had for him, but lately it had been too much, WAY too much caring and affection. She constantly texted him, saying lots of cute things, but also asking where he was, what he was doing or when he planned to return. And lets not forget the regimen she put him into, and the odd need to praise him whenever he made something. Give her a green hair dye and he would pretty much end with a younger version of his mother, which was unsettling to say the least.

Fourth case, Ashido's social force field. While Tsuyu kept glued on him, Ashido made sure that Midoriya had little to no contact with others besides his harem. Her tactics were diverse. Surprise and convenient duties to fill, places to see and things to do, not a single one he could remember of even thinking about. But here she was, always ready to take them out of the scene, usually to somewhere secluded. It only got worse when it came to other girls. One time he was mumbling something through the corridors and ended stumbling on Yanagi Reiko, from class 1-B. Some stuttering and frantic apologies came as usual and she, in her always quiet behavior, was about to say something too, but Ashido sprang out of who knows where and pulled him away, eventually shouting something about wanting new clothes.

Fifth case, extremely aware Jiro. It took a single female crossing their path and she instantly snapped her head around, glancing at said lady before shifting her gaze to Midoriya, inquiring him with a simple yet dangerous question. "You looked at her, didn't you?". Her tone was calm and collected, but the intensity of her onyx eyes assured him that he didn't want to give the wrong answer. And what's worse, once she asked it, he naturally looked at the way the random girl went by. It was like someone saying, don't touch the red button, then you feel that urge and curiosity to press it. And at that moment she went on showering him with questions, most of them in the lines of " was it her butt?" "Is it her waistline?" "your eyes were on her thighs?" "Are you really that much into big boobs?" and his favorite, "did you tried to imagine her naked?". Even though he firmly denied each and every one of her questions, deep down Midoriya knew she was most likely taking the opposite for answers.