Deadlock

She walked through the noisy cafeteria with a spring in her feet. Nejire easily spotted the green-haired teen in the midst of the crowd, specifically the large group of girls surrounding him on the nearby tables. 1-A on one side and 1-B on the other. The girls chatted happily and if you didn't pay attention, you wouldn't notice that their focus of attention was the emerald child. To our blue-haired curious girl, however, it was not only painfully visible but also extremely interesting.

Nejire heard about this, making up in your head that two people are a couple or something like that. She never had a lot of interest in shipping, at least compared to the girls from her class. Even back at middle school, some of her friends insisted that she should go out with that one senpai from the soccer team, but she didn't see why. Now she understood why they liked it so much, it was fun to imagine Midoriya and one of these lovestruck girls together, what would they do, if they would be open about it or not. She tried to discuss the topic with Amajiki but that apparently triggered his anxiety reaction. Something to do with regret and never getting to deliver something. She made a mental note to talk with him about that later.

Now, it was time for Nejire to be bold and try again. She smiled at the thought. No one has ever rejected her before. Sure, she never asked someone before either, but a lot of boys and girls asked her out. She held a little fame of Unreachable Princess around the school but Nejire honestly didn't do that to be mean. She just didn't think it would be fun at the time, and she understood that both parts had to be committed to this. That's how things worked, right?

"Hmm, will he say no again? Or maybe we can go out if I asked the girls nicely~" As she entertained her thoughts, Nejire approached the tables, standing a few steps away and curiously observing the group interacting.

Uraraka and Jiro sat on both sides of Midoriya, the latter lending him an earphone so he could listen to something on her phone, while the brunette happily ate some mochi. Next to them, Ashido and Hagakure gossiped about who knows what with the lizard girl from 1-B on the other table. It must be something related to beauty as the pink-skinned girl pointed an accusing finger towards Hatsume, who spat out some of her tea and covered her chest area. On the other table, Tokage showed off her quiet friend Kodai, even groping her "assets" to demonstrate the proof. The cold queen, of course, didn't mind much, eliciting Yaoyorozu, Kendo, and Shiozaki to shake their heads. Tsuyu stared with a blank expression across the table, finding the gaze of the silver-haired ghost girl. Yanagi simply gave a wave before returning to the thick tome in hands. Finally, Komori happily chatted with Tsunotori, and Nejire noticed how the blondie would steal a glance at the green cinnamon roll when no one was looking. Well, almost no one. Let there be known too that on another adjacent table, great waves of envy rose from a perverted midget and a living phone charger.

"I-it's not my fault they are so big! I didn't ask for this" hatsume said in her defense as Ashido kept teasing/flaunting the clear advantage the young genius had over the average girl.

"You say that but you don't twice before picking these tank tops that show everything," Ashido said, being bold and pulling down the hem of Hatsume's black tank top a little.

"O-oi!"

"I'm telling you, Ashido-san, size is not everything," Tokage said, once again groping Kodai's chest area to show her point. "The format is very important, you know, and Kodai here got the perfect measures~"

"I didn't ask to be like this either" Kodai commented without much emotion in her voice.

"Tokage-san, please refrain from acting so licentiously," Said the vine girl, trying to keep her friend under control.

"Hah? What are you talking about? You do have some good surprises under that shirt, right?" The green-haired girl then changed her target and moved to "prove" her theories but Kendo held her in place.