Back To Home?

"We will initiate the mission in five minutes. Everyone, be ready to enter the locations. We can't let that opportunity pass" Nezu spoke through the communicator, transmitting the last directions for this mission.

A few hours ago, the police confirmed the information Midnight got from the inventor Malware, at least eight different places that the assassin Toga Himiko used as hideouts. The surrounding areas of the buildings were being monitored by a large task force. If there were any villains around, the police would be ready to react and contain the damage.

Reuniting lots of pro heroes, Nezu organized eight different squads with two teams each. The 'strike' squad would be the one entering the building, one pro hero and two students with a provisional license. The 'support' team would guard the entrance, watch out for escape attempts and help with the rescue once the strike squad got out.

Nezu thought about this with extra care. There was a great chance that the League would make a move tonight. It was strange that they didn't act until now. Their purpose kidnapping Midoriya Izuku, the methods they used and the lack of activity at all were his concerns. If the word of Shigaraki's former mentor, All for One, was to be trusted, this wouldn't be a pattern the young villain would follow. He was determined to taint the image of U.A and degrade the reputation of heroes face the society.

That left him with two possibilities: a new agent entered the equation. If that was the case, they didn't have any idea of their numbers, capabilities or intentions. The other one was that the League had already reached their objectives. Though the latter option was more concerning regarding his student's integrity, the former was much more troublesome. To think that an unknown group or even worse, a single agent, managed to slip through their defenses like this was terrifying. In both cases, Nezu wouldn't take any risks without the proper countermeasures.

Sitting next to the animal genius, Toshinori was as worried as the principal, if not more. He hated having to use this method again but All for One was the only connection he had with Shigaraki. Unfortunately, the man taught the young boy what he knew. Shigaraki saw this whole crusade against the hero society as a game and to All for One, keep hidden all this time wouldn't bring Shigaraki any rewards. If it was on his plans from the beginning, he should have acted already.

Along with this and the safety of Midoriya, something else or someone else worried All Might. He might have lost his power, but his sense of justice and will to help the others were the same. He kind of felt it when people around him were in trouble and after that night he was sure Midnight was going through something. It was related to Midoriya at some level, but he couldn't tell what was the nature of this connection she had with him, only that it seemed to be a strong bond.

He noticed how she had been on the edge lately and she looked desperate to hide it from anyone. Proof of her relentless state was that she put down the mask to talk with him. She worked practically alone to track down the person involved in the kidnapping, something that proved to be crucial to find Midoriya. It was because of her huge efforts that they were about to start the mission to save the young hero in training. Still, it made Toshinori slightly angry, being at his current state. He looked at his hand, contemplating what once was the vessel of an almost unstoppable force. We wished he could do more with this power. Being reckless lead All Might to end his career too soon, and now he was passing his legacy and burden to a quirkless teen like him, holding on the strong will and sense of justice Midoriya showed him. Suddenly, Toshinori felt a small touch on his shoulder. Nezu apparently noticed him in his thoughtful state.

"Don't worry too much about him, Toshinori. You already did your part to make the world a better place. Now, allow us to use the great pillars you built up to take a step further and make this place safer"