●•72•●

Soeun frowned, her hands were curled into fists as she looked at the man in his 50s that is in front of her. She could not believe her ears right now.

"What?" Soeun gaped. "Tutoring? Me, sir?" Soeun frowned as she looked at her homeroom teacher, Mr. Hwang. "Yes." Mr Hwang nodded.

"But sir, the finals are coming... How do you expect me to tutor someone now?" Soeun asked again. "With all due respect sir, I can't afford to tutor someone right now..." Soeun said as she bowed.

"Could you at least reconsider it for me, Mr. Hwang?" Soeun begged. Mr. Hwang sighed. "The thing is, I don't have the power to..." Mr. Hwang said as he scratched his hair.

"I know you have a lot on your plate right now, Soeun... But there's nothing that I can do about it..." Mr Hwang explains. "It was one of the high-ups that wanted you to teach his son."

"High-ups? Son?" Soeun asked confusingly.

"Yes. They saw your potential, Soeun. I know you can do it. You helped the stupid hard-headed Kim Taehyung to pass, I can't see why you can't help this kid." Soeun shot a death glare to the old man in front of her.

What did this man just—?

It's because every time Taehyung got a question right, he gets a kiss, that's why he's that motivated...

But if you look at the other side, it's actually a good thing, right? Hold on a second, this old hag just said Taehyung is stupid and hard headed?

The audacity.

"Mr. Hwang. I'm sorry to say this, but as a teacher, I don't think it is appropriate for you to downgrade your students like that." Soeun said.

"You yourself see how Taehyung's grades are getting up." Soeun continued, "I'm a little offended that you downgraded Taehyung like that, sir." Soeun defended.

"That was not my intention— But you do see your potential right? You managed to help Taehyung to get up his grades by tutoring him." Mr. Hwang explained.

'It really seemed that downgrading my boyfriend was your intention though...' Soeun thought as she sighed.

"I'm thankful that you see my potential but I have to refuse... I am in my senior year, sir. I have a lot of things to do, I'm afraid don't have time for tutor someone..." Soeun sighed as she was about to pass out from stress.

"Soeun, if I could, I don't want to let you tutor him too. I know the burdens you have to carry to be the best student..." Mr Hwang said.

'Lies.' Soeun thought.

"But there's nothing that I can do. I didn't requested you, the director did." Soeun sighed at this. "He probably requested for me because you recommended me..." Soeun grumbled.

"It is actually a good thing when you think about it, Soeun. This proves that the director acknowledges you. You should be thankful for that..." Mr. Hwang said again.

Taehyung entered the teachers' room to fetch Soeun. Then he saw Soeun was talking to Mr. Hwang. Soeun looked irritated.

"The person that you will be tutoring is Park Hyunwoo. Director Park's son. He is currently on the third year,"

"but his grades were so bad until he had to retake classes. So he went back to second year." Mr Hwang said.

"What a dumbass." Taehyung and Soeun said at the same time. Soeun heard Taehyung's voice and she smiled and Taehyung patted Soeun's head affectionately.

Mr Hwang glared at the couple but they looked unbothered.

"Which is why the director wants you to teach his kid for a month. You're dismissed, Soeun." Mr Hwang sighed, not looking at Soeun. "Sir—" Soeun protested.