Chapter 5-School?

Three days later....

I was sitting on my new bed that my mom and dad bought. They had taken me shopping with Jasmine to get some stuff for my room and some clothes. i was glad because I didn't own a thing, living with J.D. being who I was, you only owned your fists. I was watching and trying to listen to my mom and Jasmine talk to me about the new technology that's out, the new clothes, what kids are wearing nowadays, music....school-wait WHAT?

"What do you mean school?" I asked. 

Mom continued to put my new clothes they bought on a hanger. "Sweetie, you have to go to school. I got your test results back and honey, you did way past your limit." 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"You passed your placement tests. Your at the level you should be, actually higher. The school wants to put you in AP classes, isn't that wonderful?" She squealed in delight.

I didn't know what to say. Nine years without school, well an actual school and now I have to go to one? I mean, J.D. did pay for our schooling while being there because he wanted us to be winners, not only in body but our minds too. He didn't want us to be stupid and he even told us he wouldn't take away our leaning, telling us that the more we learned, the better. We could easily learn to outsmart our opponent using simple mathematics, calculating their movements in your head faster than a regular student doing calculus or trigonometry. He had money so he paid for the best professors for us. Our so called "schooling" was apart of his tests. See how fast we can function and learn, how much progress we would make. Although i never used calculations on my opponent, instead I used instinct, strength, speed and common sense to win. 

I wasn't worried about the placement tests or the AP classes, just worried about going to school. How much has school changed since I was eight? I sighed and mentally prepared myself for tomorrow. Lucky for me, my lip was healed and so was my jaw. Although the bruise on my stomach was still there, yellowing in color. It didn't hurt though. It was what I was used to. 

"Okay, so I'm going to teach you to put on make-up." Jasmine said excitedly, jumping up and down. 

My eyes brows shot up. She had been jumpy ever since she walked through the door and for the past two or three days, she's been crying. It took a while to stop her from crying but she eventually did. Thank God. I'm not good with emotions, forever being denied to rely on them, being with J.D. He said our emotions is what made us weak. 

"Its okay. I prefer not to use any." I said with a wave of my hand. She frowned. "But you go ahead, by all means, borrow anything from me." 

I find it strange that after everything, things feels a little normal. Like I was never gone. And its weird. Really weird. It feels like this is just another normal day, but deep down I knew it wasn't. Because normal to me, is kicking some ass. Not sitting here, doing absolutely nothing, worrying about make-up and clothes and school. I hated the idea of being around other kids. Especially guys. 

"Skylar? Sky!" I snapped my head up. 

"What?" 

My mom looked at Jasmine and then back at me. "I was just saying that I'm going to do a little grocery shopping, I'll be back in a little." 

I blinked. "Can I shower?" I asked. 

Shock ran over her face and she blinked at me. "Of course you can honey. You don't need to keep asking." Mom said, surprise filling her voice. 

I just nodded and she stared at me for a moment and then said her goodbyes. Jasmine was left with me alone and we sat in an awkward silence for a while. To be honest, I hated it. Being here with her. Something about it made me a little uncomfortable because the only time I was ever left alone with another girl, it was either in a cage or in a training room and let's just say the time spent with girls in those places, didn't end so well. So with that being said, there's apart of me that has a sudden urge to kick her ass. I sound like such a bad terrible best friend-if she can even call me that after all these years-and I hated feeling like this.