Chapter 9-I Can Take Care Of Myself

I was on my way to fourth period walking down the halls. I heard someone calling my name and I turned to see Jasmine. She was smiling at me. I didn't have the heart to smile back, then again I don't have a heart at all. I don't deserve one. So I just waited until she caught up to me. She threw her arm around my shoulde's, turning me and we started walking again. 

"I'm so glad I found you. Sorry I wasn't here yesterday, I had a doctor appointment. But here I am." She said excitedly. 

I wonder what she was so happy about. "Yes. Here you are." I mumbled. 

"So my mom wants to know if you can come over later today. She wants to see you." Jasmine said. 

She dropped her arm and we continued walking. "Um, I'm not sure. I'll have to ask my mom." I said. I didn't want to go but I told myself that I would try and get used to everything and everyone. And besides, I haven't seen Mrs.Blake since I got back and a small part of me actually did want to go. 

"Okay." 

We walked by a couple of guys that were laughing. One of them was wearing black leather jacket, his blonde hair easy to spot in the crowd. I could see out of the corner of my eye, the guy with the leather jacket was looking at me, i didn't think anything of it but when I felt a slap on my ass, that's when I stopped dead in my tracks. 

"Missing for nine years did her justice." I heard the guy mumble. 

Jasmine's eyes were wide in shock. And before anyone could register anything, I turned around, a smile on my face, one that didn't reach my eyes. One, because I don't smile. At all. Two, because this guy just made my hit list. 

"So you like slapping random girls asses?" I said, with a smile on my face. 

He stepped forward, smirking. "Just your's babe." He replied. 

I laughed humorlessly a little. "That's funny." I said and quickly kneed him in the groin. 

I heard oooh's from his friends as he bent forward gripping his man hood. I had a hand on the back of his head and brought my knee up to his face. More ooh's. He groaned and fell to the floor. His nose bleeding as he gripped his groin. I kicked his shoulder a little to turn him flat on his back. I bent down a little. 

"Touch me again, and you'll regret it. Got it." I said nonchalantly. 

He just kept groaning and I patted his head and walked off. People in the hall stared as I walked off and Jasmine had to practically keep running to keep up with me. 

"What was that?" She asked, still shocked. 

I shrugged. "Whatever it looked like." I mumbled. 

"You just kicked his ass and he was twice your size!" She said, astonished. 

I snorted. "You don't miss a thing." 

I kept walking to my class and I'm guessing she went to hers because when I turned, she wasn't there anymore. I shrugged off the feeling of being alone. I was always alone. It was nothing new to me. After fourth period came lunch. I assured Luke i would meet him in the cafeteria this time and when I did, it seemed like the whole cafeteria stopped what they were doing and stared at me. I stood at the door with a blank expression on my face. 

"Talk about being the center of attention." I mumbled quietly to myself. 

I felt a hard grip on my arm and I looked up to see Jason. He looked mad as hell. He dragged me to a table where my brother was and he shared the same expression as Jason. I ripped my arm from Jason's hard grip and glared.