Chapter 11-Friday Fight Night

Jason's POV

I watched as Skylar ran into the house and I mentally cursed myself for even asking her that question, but I wanted to know. I lied at the park about the initials on that tree. It meant my name and hers, but I didn't want to scare her or anything, and from the look on her face when she saw it, I did for a minute. That's why I lied to her. I did that a week after we had our first kiss. Yeah, i know i'm lame but who cares. Like I said, I'm not afraid to tell the whole damn world I love her, but I am afraid of losing her if I do. It's stupid really. I don't know why I'm afraid of losing her when she's not even mine. I sighed and laid my head back on the chair. I didn't hear Luke ranting but I could tell he was mad. I forgot to call him and tell him where we were. 

"Look, I'm sorry bro. She didn't want to go back to school so she asked me to take her home. But I thought since you know, its been a while, maybe I could take her to the park." I said, turning my truck off. 

Luke was leaning in the passenger window. "Oh, wow. That was her favorite place. But why'd you take her there?" Luke asked. 

I shrugged. "I guess I wanted to see if she'd talk, since the park was her favorite place.  I thought maybe she'd feel comfortable enough to spill her guts." 

"Did she?" Luke asked, hope in his eyes. 

I shook my head, a frown on my face. "Nope. Not even a little bit. I didn't ask her this time because I didn't wanna push her." 

Luke sighed heavily. "Yeah. Don't do it. As a matter of fact, just leave it alone. If she isn't telling us something, then maybe there's a good reason. I don't know. I don't wanna keep hounding her with questions about what happened to her because I know she won't answer. It's a waste of breath." 

I turned to look out my window and up at hers. I seen minor movements and then that was it. I sighed. I wished she would just tell us. The suspense is slowly eating away at me. 

"Jay!" I heard my name being yelled. 

"What? What?" I asked, turning my head to Luke. 

Luke was looking at me oddly. "Whats up with you?"

"Nothin." Your sister.

"Yeah, right. Whatever. Look, Adam texted me and asked if we wanted to go to have the boxing match tonight, you comin' right?" Luke asked. 

Adam's Dad owned a boxing place near here and he usually held boxing matches for the guys every Friday. I boxed a couple of people here and there. Won all of my matches but it was starting to get a little boring. No real competition. 

"Yeah, I guess. What time are you leaving?" I asked, as I started the car. 

"About 6. I'll meet you there?" Luke stepped away from the car. 

"Yeah. See ya." I said and he waved and walked  to his house. 

I pulled out and headed home to change. Tonight would probably be like any other boxing night, but what the hell. i have nothing better to do. And besides, it should go fast, I am a kick boxer after all. 

         ______________________________________________________________________

Skylar's POV

I was coming in from the back door because I forgot my water bottle and I bumped into Luke as he was coming down the stairs. He was in a cut off shirt, shorts, nike's and he had a big black duffle bag with him. 

"Going somewhere?" I asked. 

"Hey sis, yeah. Me and Jason are going over to Adam's for a little workout." Luke said, walking towards the door with his keys in his hand.