Chapter 15-To The Stars And Back

Hey dudes! :) If you didn't already know, the beginning of the chapter will explain why Skylar was running from Jason. Enjoy! x)  

Dedicated to @nisiveee. Lol. She'll know why it's this chapter! :) 

Skylar's POV

4 hours earlier...

It was my turn to go and get some more popcorn so I got up and walked into the kitchen with the empty bowl. I hadn't realized how much I really missed eating popcorn until the aroma of it hit my nose when I first came downstairs. We had already finished Transformers and Never Back Down-which by the way, is my favorite movie now-and were now watching Stephen King's IT. Let me just say, if a clown ever walked up to me or tried to scare me, he or she would be in the hospital for a few days. This movie makes me hate clowns. And besides, from what I can remember, I have always disliked clowns when I was younger so hating them was easy. Hating a lot of things was easy actually. I shook my head, trying not to ruin the decent mood I was in right now. 

I put the popcorn in and shut the microwave and pressed Popcorn. Jason had to to teach me how to use this damn thing the first time I came to make some more popcorn. It was embarrassing and I hated it. I know how most things or people work, especially physically but the simplest things are just...difficult. I waited patiently, tapping my fingers on the counter. When I heard the ding of the microwave, I took it out and poured it into a bowl. I threw the bag away and headed to the living room, the bowl in my hands. I picked one up and popped it into my mouth, turning to walk into the living room. That was until someone bumped right into me. I fell to the floor, the popcorn spilling all over me, some of it getting tangled in my hair and others just flew everywhere. I heard someone snicker. I looked up, scowling. 

"What the hell Jason!" I said. 

He bit on his bottom lip to keep from laughing. Bastard. His hand that was holding his soda gripped the cup harder and I could tell he was really trying hard not to laugh which of course only made me madder. 

"I'm sorry Sky. I was coming to see what was taking so long and then you-" He stopped because he was smiling big, amused. "Here, let me help you." He said, extending his hand. 

I glared and got up from the floor, dusting myself off. I shook my hair out and then Jason started laughing. I stopped and looked at him, still glaring. 

"What the hell's so funny?" 

He laughed harder and I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"Your hair." He managed to say through his laughs. 

My hands flew to my hair and I felt a bunch of popcorn still in it. I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair, shaking it at the same time. Damn Jason! 

"I'm so glad you think that's funny Jones!" I said, scowling. 

He seemed to calm down and now he was just smiling. He bent down and picked up the popcorn bowl that was now empty. I glanced at his drink and suddenly, a light bulb went off in my head. 

"Do you mind?" I asked, pointing to his drink. "I'm kind of thirsty." I said, looking drained. 

He seemed to fall for my facade and handed me his drink as he set the bowl on the small table by us. When he looked back I threw the drink right in his face and he gasped because the ice hit him too. The orange soda dripped form his face and onto his shirt, he wiped his eyes and I smirked. I set the cup down and looked at Jason who was now the one glaring. 

"Sorry. It slipped." I said, smiling my cheeky grin at him. 

His glare disappeared and he just had on a blank look. He shrugged. "It's cool. You know, I'm kind of feeling a hug right about now. Come here Sky." Jason said, opening his arms wide, stepping forward. I stepped back.