Chapter 31-What. The. Hell.

Sky's POV

I was halfway there, well at least I thought I was. I wasn't tired or anything but I had to stop to see if there were any cars coming so I could jaywalk. Well in my case, jay-run. I looked to the left and then to right. There were cars coming but right now I didn't care. I needed to hurry. I didn't even know what time it was. My mind was still racing from all the thoughts that seemed to pile on in my head. Would Jack hurt Jason? Was this some stupid prank? What the hell did Jack want? Did he want a rematch from losing the last time we fought. If he did, I'd happily kick his ass again. 

I ran out in the middle of the street, ignoring the cars honking at me. I stopped at the island and did the same thing as before, just ran across the street. But a car that was coming to fast made me stop dead in my tracks and turn. Everything happened so fast, I couldn't quite register it myself. But suddenly I felt my body go up in the air and then come back down hard on the hood of the car and I was facing the driver who was looking at me like I was crazy. It was Adam. He got out of the car as I hopped down form his hood. 

"Skylar. What the hell? Are you okay? You scared the shit out of me!" Adam said, gripping my shoulders. 

I was breathing in and out heavily from all the adrenaline in my body. 

"Sorry. What time is it?" I asked nervously, ignoring his concern for me. 

He looked at me confused and then pulled out his phone. "It's 11:45." He said. 

"Shit. I have to go." I said and started to turn to run but I felt a strong hand on my arm, stopping me. I looked at Adam. 

"Where are you going? I can take you." He said. 

I thought for a moment and pushed all other thoughts out of my head. The gym! Adam's gym! Oh thank god he's here. 

"Okay. Take me to your gym." I said. 

Adam's eyebrows knitted together in deep confusion. "Um. Sure. Hop in." He said. 

I nodded and went in on the passenger side. Adam started driving again. I was fidgeting in my seat for some reason and biting my lip nervously. If Jack even touches Jason, I will-

"So you were running all the way to my gym?" Adam asked, interrupting my deathly dark thoughts. 

"Yeah." I said, not really into talking at the moment. "Can you step on it please." We needed to hurry. 

"Sure." Adam said and I felt the car push forward a little more. "Can I ask why, you were running to my gym?" Adam asked, and I could sense a little hope in his voice. "Were you coming to see me?" Yeah, he was hoping I would come and see him. 

"No, sorry." I said as nicely as I could, glancing at him. His face fell a little. "Jack and Jason are there." He glanced quickly at me and then back at the road.. 

"Jason? I didn't know he would be there. Jack said him and his friends needed to use my gym so i let them. If I knew Jason wanted to workout or whatever, I wouldn't have let Jack..."He trailed off because I was already shaking my head halfway through his sentence.

"I don't really know why Jason's there." I lied smoothly. "But when we get there, I need you to leave me ." I said. 

"Wait what? You want me to leave you at the gym? With Jack there? I don't really think that's a good idea." Adam said.  

I sighed. "Look, just trust me okay? Leave me there and drive off." I commanded. 

Adam glanced at me with an odd expression and then turned back to the road. We said nothing for a few minutes and then we arrived. He pulled into the gym parking lot and I noticed multiple cars there.