Chapter 7-Barely Holding On

I was already in my room, changing into a pair of sweats and a training bra, like the ones I used to wear when I used to fight. I grabbed my wraps from the closet. I put them in my jacket pocket before I left J.D's place.  I didn't know why I took them. Yes you do. My subconscious said. You couldn't bare the thought of leaving it behind because its who you are.

"No anymore!" i whispered furiously to myself. 

I wrapped my hands and feet and then I put on an old t-shirt, so that no one saw the bruise on my stomach. I put my hair into a pony tail and quickly ran down stairs and out the back. I haven't been out in my backyard since I got here. But my mom did say they had built a gym here, for Luke to workout in. I stepped in and it was quite big. A bunch of work out equipment was there and so was a punching bag. Good. I took off my shirt and walked towards the punching bag. 

I walked around it for a moment and then abruptly started my workout. As I circled it I punched and punched as if I was in the cage again, going at it with someone. I was punching it so hard you could hear the chains rattling back and forth loudly. I gave out a good kick and then went back to punching. My body was full of adrenaline and on the inside was glad to be punching something. Hell, was glad to be punching something. I was barely holding on to my anger and all these new feelings. I hated it. 

I was only used to two things. Hate and pain. All this extra stuff was working my nerves. I mean, I know I should be happy that I'm back home and everyone was so welcoming, but I just....didn't know how to deal with everyone and their emotions, much less my own. I don't even know what to feel half of the time I'm around someone and their telling me how much of a miracle it was that I was found and I was back. And I hate to say it, but the one thing that kept popping in my head was Avery's face. Taunting, laughing, being a bitch as she always was. And I could just hear J.D.'s voice in my head telling me to finish her. 

I can't keep saying it enough. I hate what he did to me! What I became for him. What I did for him. The thought of him in general made me really mad as it always did so I punched the punching bag harder and harder, breathing in and out as I did so. After ten more minutes of constant punching in anger, it managed to slip little by little and I stopped, breathing heavily. I wiped my forehead with the back of my hand. Then for one last time, I punched the punching bag again, hitting it twice as hard as my other hits. It shook and rattled. 

"Hit it any harder and it might break." i heard a voice say from behind me. 

I knew who it was so I didn't turn around. I just held the bag in place, still breathing heavily. 

"What are you doing here Jason?" I asked, breathlessly. 

I heard him walk forward and then he stopped. 

"I told you I wanted to know." He said. 

"Well, I'm sure my parents will be more than happy to tell you the story. It really not that interesting to tell you the truth." 

"That's the thing. It is. You see, your brother just told me your story. Told me a couple of other things as well." 

"Is that right?" 

"Yeah." 

Silence krept forward like a thief in the night. 

"If you ask me, your story doesn't make any sense." He said. 

I let out a breath, feeling the anger again. I stepped back and got ready to start punching again. 

"Its a good thing I didn't ask you then." I mumbled and started punching. 

"Skylar, your brother and your family may be afraid to tell you this but I'm not. Your lying. Your story had holes in it. And like I said before, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. So I'm going to ask you again. What happened to you?" He asked in his deep rich voice. 

I kept punching and punching, trying to avoid the question. "Who the hell are you to tell me that I'm lying. You don't know anything. You sure as hell don't know me." I breathed between punches. 

I did a quick turn and kicked the punching bag and it rattled in protest. 

"I'm just trying to figure you out. We're trying to help. I'm trying to help. But i can't if you won't tell me the truth." Jason said and I could hear the edge in his voice. 

I punched harder and harder and then stopped to catch my breath. I turned to Jason, still mad. "You wanna help? Then stay the hell out of my business. I don't need you coming in here throwing accusations around like you know me. You don't." I glared at him. 

He had some damn nerve. 

He looked mad too, yeah well that made both of us. His eyes trailed down my body and he stepped forward, something dark passing through his eyes. 

"What the hell is that?" He asked incredulously. 

"What?" I asked annoyed. 

He was right in front of me, his eyes blazing hot. "You have...burns on your arms. And a bruise on your stomach." He whispered, reaching his hand out. 

Shit! i quickly turned around, cursing myself. Dammit! I forgot about those. 

"It's nothing!" I said. 

"What the hell do you mean it's nothing. It doesn't look like nothing." Jason growled. 

"Whatever." I murmured and turned and walked past him. 

He caught my arm and turned me around. His hands holding out my arms as he examined them. I tried to pull them away from his grasp. 

"What the hell Jason. Let go." I said furiously. 

"Who did this to you?" He asked, glaring at me. 

"I...I don't remember. Let go." I said forcefully. 

His grip on my wrists got tighter but it didn't hurt. I just wanted him to let go so I could put my shirt on. He wasn't supposed to see any of this. No one ever was. And I'm stupid that I actually forgot and let myself slip. 

"Don't give me that bullshit. Who did this?" He asked. 

"I said let go!" I snapped. I ripped my wrists form his grip and pushed his chest hard. He stumbled back and looked at me in surprise. 

I shook my head and grabbed my shirt and threw it on. I walked out of the gym and ran back in the house and up the stairs, passing my parents who were coming down. They asked me something but I ignored them and went right to my room. I slammed the door shut and went straight into the shower in my own private bathroom. This day just got better and better! 

       ________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I know it's short sorry but its for a good reason.  :)