Chapter 35-Skylar

Jason's POV

I walked into Sky's room after I said my goodbyes to everyone. I walked around to Sky's right side and just stood there, looking at her. My eyes felt heavy from the tears I spilled earlier. I swallowed hard as I continued to gaze upon Sky. I held her hand in mine. I still couldn't believe we...she was pregnant. And now...I felt lost and helpless. I didn't know how to deal with any of this. And all by myself. Sure, Jasmine and luke were here for me but...it's not the same and I wonder if this is how Skylar felt when she was kidnapped. 

I rubbed my eyes and slid in next to Skylar, careful not to mess her or anything up. I put my left arm over her head and then my right arm over her stomach, placing my hand gently on her stomach. I bit my lip because I could feel the tears coming again. I sniffed and held them back. 

"Hey baby." I whispered to her, my voice sounding muffled because of the lump in my throat. 

I took a deep breath. "Your brother was here earlier. And so was Jazz. They, uh...they've been here almost everyday. Logan says hi and he misses you." I swallowed hard. 

"You know, when we were younger, I had the biggest crush on you." I smiled. "When you, your brother and Jazz would come over to my house to play, I would always make Luke stay up in my room to play 007 because I was too afraid to be around you. You made me nervous and that's part of the reason why i never really talked to you. I was shy...I guess. Even more so after our kiss, which by the way was the best kiss an eight year old boy could ever ask for. Although the braces made it a little difficult, i think we managed it." I sad, still smiling. 

"I remember the day after we had our kiss, I avoided you like the plague. I mean, I wanted to talk to you but I didn't think you'd wanna talk to me. After all, we were only eight. All we really cared about was playing outside with our friends." I said, shifting in the bed so that I was looking up at the ceiling. "But the days of playing outside with our friends came to an end when you disappeared. I was a mess that time. Depressed and all that. Crazy right? An eight year old depressed because his crush was taken away from him." 

I shook my head and sighed. "Those months you were gone...were just...were hard. Not only me, but...your family. Jasmine. There were days when we would get a lead on whoever took you and at those times, I would be crazed with hope that we'd actually find you. But lead after lead, you still never turned up and eventually, your family gave up. Sad, but true. And don't get mad at them but once they had Logan, they knew that they had to get things straight. Losing you was hard but gaining another child was a blessing for them. They never stopped loving you though. Not for one second. Most of the days I was there, your mom would be cleaning around the living room, dusting pictures and stuff, and she would come across a picture of you and just stop whatever she was doing and stare at your picture for hours."

"Me and Luke would sometimes catch her crying and that was hard on your brother. He hates seeing your mom cry and hell, after my childhood, I would hate to see my mom cry too. That's the one thing I'm glad you weren't here to witness. My downfall at an early age. Worrying about you, wasn't the only thing on my mind." I took a deep breath. "I used go to sleep at night, hoping that my dad would stop beating on my mom. On me, most of the time verbally. I'd take hits for her and i didn't care. As long as she wasn't hurt, I was okay with it. But as I grew older, I got more and more tired of all the bullshit. Hence why I turned to the bottle. Alcohol seemed to make the pain go away. Make me forget everything I knew. I needed it. It was my way of...coping with everything. My parents, you. In a strange way, it's what made me not lose hope in finding you. I don't know how to explain it but...that's just how it was for me. But when I got help, I realized that it wasn't the alcohol that didn't made me lose hope. It was my love for you."