Chapter 26-I Hate Hospitals

Sky's POV

Jason and I were sitting at a table near where the cafeteria was. I was eating pancakes and sausage while Jason was eating a breakfast burrito-a huge one at that. He bought me my food, seeing as how I had no money with me.

"I'll pay you back I promise." I said, taking a sip of my orange juice.

Jason shot me a pointed look. "Babe, I told you it was fine. It didn't even cost me that much. And besides, I owe you anyways."

I gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"I kind of, threw your tank top away yesterday." Jason said, looking a little sheepish as he scratched the back of his head.

My eyesbrows shot up in surprise. I sat back in my chair and crossed my arms over my chest.

"You threw my shirt away." I said slowly. He nodded.

"Sorry, it was all bloody and I didn't have anything to wash it with and if anyone saw it stained, they would ask questions. Knowing you, you'd probably come up with a lie.' Jason said, shrugging.

"Gee, you make me sound like such a saint.' I said sarcastically.

He smiled and took a bite of his burrito. He looked down at my plate.

"You gonna eat that?" Jason asked with a mouthful of food.

I smiled and shook my head. "Go for it.' I nodded to the rest of my food. I wasn't really all that hungry anyways.

I just needed an excuse to get away from my parents.I sat up and winced a little. Although I can take soreness, seeing as how many times I've worked out but this soreness was a little different than I thought. Jason looked up at me.

"Are you okay?" He asked, wiping is mouth with his napkin.

"I'm fine. Just a little sore." I said.

Jason smiled a little. "Sorry." He said.

I smiled at him. "No worries. It's nothing I can't handle." I said confidently.

He snorts. "I believe you."

We sat in silence for a bit, just looking around. I see doctors and nurses come in and out and I grimace. I really hate hospitals. Back when I was with J.D., and I faught with the russian girls, I had taken some serious damage to my abdomen. Hence my little scars. Those scars, are from knives. Like I said before, those russians faught dirty. But I lived and they didn't. And when my stab and cut wounds got bad, J.D. had me in my own personal hospital room with my own doctor. I remember Doctor Winster very clearly. She treated me for a couple of weeks and no doubt that J.D. paid her big time for her services. I also remember asking her for help. I asked her to get me the hell out of there and she just...looked the other way and said nothing. And that was the last time I ever asked for help from anyone. So I guess you could say I hate doctors too. You'd think since they dedicate their lives to helping people out that she would have helped me out. But no. Like a dirty cop, she didn't bother to help accept treat my wounds. I wondered how much she got paid.

"Sky." I heard Jason's voice pull me out of my thoughts.

I shook my head and looked at him. "I'm sorry what?"

He looked at me oddly. "You look a little uncomfortable. Is everything okay?"

"Um, yeah. Just peachy." I said with distate. He gave me a look. I sighed. "I hate hospitals."

"Why?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I just do."

Jason sighed heavily. "You're doing it again." He stated.

I drank some of my orange juice and then set it down. "Doing what?"

"Shutting me out." He said, grimacing.

And he was right. I was. But right now wasn't the right time to tell him my reason. That would require me going deeper into my story than I want. And to be honest, I don't know if Jason can handle it.

"I know. I'm sorry. Right now, is not the right time to go into any of that. It's a long story, Jason."

"I'm willing to listen." Jason said. He leaned forward, he looked straight at me. "I meant what I said Sky. I'm here for you no matter what. I want you to trust me enough to tell me anything."

I leaned forward and grabbed his hand. He squeezed mine. "I do, trust you Jason." I sighed. "It's just, you don't want to go down that road. You're not gonna like it." I said in all honesty.

"Skylar-"He stopped short when his phone went off. He sighed heavily and I sat back, letting go of his hand.Saved by the bell.

"Hello?" He answered.

His eyebrows pulled together and I sat forward again.

"Alright, we'll be up." Jason said and put his phone away. He stood up. "The doctor's with yourr parents."

"Lets go." I said quickly.

We walked out of the cafeteria, leaving our trash on the table and headed up to the third floor. I was fidgeting as I stood next to Jason. Please God, let him be okay. Please. The door swooshed open and we walked out and turned to the left to walk down to the waiting room. I could see my parents talking to a woman doctor, her back to me. My mother was curled under my father's arm and she had a look of relief. I was going to ask what was going on but by the time I got there, the doctor nodded to my parents and walked away. Although I can only see the back of her, something about her looked strangely familiar. We stopped near my parents and I kept my eyes on the doctor. I squinted my eyes to get a better look.

The doctor stopped and turned to the reception desk and started talking to the lady in front of her. Anger rose in me and I clenched my jaw tight.

"Skylar, sweetie." Mom said.

"I'll be back." I said to my family, mostly talking to myself.

I made my way towards the doctor and she turned and walked away from the desk. I followed her as she walked down the hallway. She slowed down and so did I and went into a room. I quickly followed behind her and went into the room where she was. It was a lab of some sort. She stood in front of a computer and started to type.

"Fancy seeing you hear." I said, breaking the silence and makiing my presence known.

She turned around and her eyes widened in shock. I wasted no time and quickly gripped her throat and pinned her against the wall.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I snarled, glaring at her.

She gasped and struggled from my grip. "Skylar."

"You remember me? Good." I said and slammed her back against the wall and she fell to the floor.

Dr. Winster coughed and gasped for air. I really hate hospitals!