Chapter 20-Betrayal

It was like the whole house had watched us dance-yes, I Skylar Dawson just danced dirty with my best friend. I mean I did say I was going to try and live my life, i just didn't expect it to start off like that. But what the hell. We were walking to the bar, a little out of breath from our fast movements. As we moved through the crowd, new music started playing and eyes followed us everywhere. Some with envy, some with disgust and some with lust. No doubt the envious and disgusted looks were coming from the girls here but I didn't care. 

"I can't believe i remembered that dance." I said to Jazz as we walked into the kitchen where there were people drinking and talking and making out. Jeez, get a room. 

"I know! That was so much fun." Jazz squealed in delight. 

I smiled and shook my head. I ran my fingers through my hair, shifting it to the left side. Jazz got a plastic cup from the stack of cups on the counter and walked to the bar where a large clear bowl full of red liquid sat. Jazz put some of it in her cup and drank it, then seemed in thought for a moment as her mouth was opening and closing a swift movement. She scooped up some more in a spoon and then handed me the cup. I looked at it concerned. 

"There's no alcohol." She said. 

I raised an eyebrow at her. She rolled her eyes. 

"Look, I wouldn't give it to you if I thought it was alcohol. I swear there's none." Jazz said strongly.  

I pursed my lips and then took it after another moment of looking at it. I sniffed it a little and didn't really smell anything except the sweet smell of strawberry. I mean, I don't really know what alcohol smells or tastes like but I would assume it would be strong? I shrugged and drank it down quick. I licked my lips after I was done and handed Jazz the cup. She took with an odd expression. Then she smiled a little. 

"That was fast, and the cup was full. You know, if you drank, I would so challenge you to shots." Jazz said. 

I gave her a confused expression. "What are shots?" I asked, interested. 

She looked at me like I grew three heads or something. "Seriously? You've never heard of a shot?" 

"Well I have, but with guns and a doctor's shot." I said. 

She laughed. "Okay, it's none of what you just said. C'mon, I'll show you." She said, amused. She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards a door in the kitchen. 

She pushed it open and then we walked through and we were now standing in a room that just had a long table filled with a bunch of kids surrounding two guys at the table. They were seated across from one another and their were small little glasses filled all the way to the top with gold-ish liquid. Jazz looked back at me, smiling. She pulled me beside her and I just watched. 

"What is this?" I asked. 

"Just watch. Those glasses on the table are filled with alcohol. Your average shots." Jazz smirked. 

Oh. 

"Alright, on three. One, Two. Three!" Someone yelled. 

The two guys at the table picked up their first glass and drank it down quick and then moved on to the others. There were about ten glasses each. The red haired guy looked like he was in the lead. I watched in amazement at how fast they were trying to out drink one another. Weird yet interesting. Never seen this kind of thing, and that's probably due to the fact that I haven't been to a party before. 

"Done!" The red haired guy yelled as he slammed his on the table. 

Everyone cheered, holding up their cups of alcohol. The other guy at the opposite side of the table was smiling as he stood up.