Chapter 17-Getting Back To My Roots

Sky's POV

Jasmine was going on and on about the party that was gonna happen tomorrow night and I tried my best to listen and stay interested  but I couldn't. It was still buzzing from earlier at school when Jason kissed me. Damn him! I can't believe he kissed me again! What was his problem? What was he thinking? I hate how he makes me feel. It's nerve racking because I never had to fight anything like this. These feeling that had seemed to grow in such short amount of time. It's mind boggling. I was glad that someone interrupted us, otherwise I don't know how much more heated things would have gotten. And in a school library! Shame on you! My subconscious said. 

"Skylar!" Jasmine yelled. 

"What, what?" I asked, turning to her as she kept driving. 

"I said be careful when we're at the party, people drink and sometimes things get out of hand." 

I turned forward. "Well, I can take care of myself if anything happens." I mumbled. 

"Oh, I'm sure you can." Jazz said. "So whats up with you and Jason?" Jazz asked. 

I turned to look at her. "What do you mean?" 

She shrugged. "I don't know. When he came to sit with us at lunch, you completely ignored him and then left like five minutes after he sat down. Whats up?" 

So she noticed the tension between us too. 

I turned forward. "Nothing. Nothing at all." I said in a quiet voice. 

"Well I'm here if you wanna talk Sky. You know that." Jazz said. 

I nodded. 

"Alright, we're here." Jazz said and pulled into a huge parking lot in front of a big building that said Middleton Mall. 

She parked the car and hopped out and I sighed and did the same. 

"Let's just get this over with." I mumbled, walking along side her.

"Oh c'mon, you'll love this. Shopping's always fun. You used to love it." Jazz said.

"That was a long time ago." I said.

"Well I'm thinking of a red dress for you and a blue one fore me." Jazz said, linking her arm through mine and changing the subject. 

I winced at the thought of me in a dress. Jazz laughed and we walked in. 

Two hours later...

"That one is definitely you!" Jazz said with a big smile as I walked out of the dressing room.

We had already been to a bunch of stores and shops. It was hard to find the right red dress for me and only Jazz was making an effort to find one. I just simply tagged along and tried on whatever dress she threw at me. And now, we were in a very expensive store with a bunch of expensive clothes. And the dress I was wearing was really short. 

It was red and stopped at mid thigh and I had to keep pulling it down. It was a tight fit and made my boobs pop up. Boobs I didn't even know I had. I grimaced and pulled up the top but it was no use. When I say tight fit, I meant it. The straps were thick and straight. I felt so exposed right now. 

"I don't know." I said as I turned to the mirror to my left. 

"Are you kidding me. That dress is perfect for you! You know, I didn't realize how curvy you were until you put that dress on." Jazz said and I turned to give her look. 

She winked. 

"Really, you look beautiful in it. Now all we have to do is get you some heels." Jazz said.