Chapter 24-Cleaning Up Old Wounds

Jason's POV

"Okay, not that I'm complaining or anything but can we get out of the rain? I'm really worried about your cut and your hand." I said calmly, still holding Skylar. 

It seemed like forever we've been standing here. And rust me, I could stand here with her forever if I could. I finally made Skylar see that I love her and in the mean time, making her realize that she loved me too and she has no idea how much that means to me. Although she didn't exactly say those three words, I took her agreement with gratitude. Because that meant that she was done running. I hope. But all good thoughts aside, I had to make sure she was okay. I didn't like the way I saw her bleeding. And she wasn't even crying or complaining about it. Not even her hand. Now that, is something I need to make sure is okay. It looked like she hit the mirror pretty hard and with her hitting the punching bag the way she was earlier made me all the more nervous. I pulled back from her and cupped her sweet beautiful face. I watched as the rain fell on her, making her appear more beautiful to me than ever. Her eyes were brighter than they've ever been and I could see a twinkle in them that's been missing for a long time. Since she got back, I've seen nothing accept a vacant hollow look, a blank stare, and pain and hurt lingering in her eyes. Some of that was still noticeable right now but it seemed to be clouded over that slight twinkle that was now present. It was like looking at the stars at night, or watching a star appear in the darkness of the night. 

She gave me a sad smile. "I'm fine." She said, reaching up and taking my hands from her face. She just held them in her hands. 

I seriously hate those two words, 'I'm fine.' Especially when they come from Skylar. I can see that she isn't fine and the fact that she's masking that, frustrates me. But I try not to ruin the moment and just head into another direction. 

"Well, I really don't wanna get sick so can we please go in?" I asked. 

"Yeah." She said.

We turned and walked into the gym again. When we got in, Skylar walked ahead of me to towards the ring and I turned around and pressed the black button so that the garage could close. 

"What are you doing?" Skylar asked from behind me. 

"I'm closing up. We need to get your cuts looked at." I said. 

I heard her sigh as I turned around. She was leaning against the ring, arms wrapped around herself. She had a slight frown on her face and I was wondering why. But something was telling that I didn't wanna go there just yet. 

"Jason, it's fine. It doesn't even hurt." Sky said.

I looked at her right hand, and seen the blood that seeped through her wraps and then her cut right where her ribs were. The blood stained spot was still noticeable and it wasn't reassuring me right now. I walked over to her and grabbed her hands in mine.

"I'm not taking no for an answer. C'mon." I said as I pulled her from her position. She let go of one of my hands and turned to grab a black jacket off the ring.

"A little too late for that don't you think?" I teased.

She turned back and gave a quick smile but said nothing. I wished I could read her mind right now, just to know what the hell she was thinking. She's as closed off as ever. We walked hand in hand out to my truck after I locked the gym door and turned off all the lights. I'd text Adam when I was in the car. Glad I left my phone in there because after standing out in the rain for a long time, i wouldn't have a phone. And I actually need mine.

I hopped in on my side while Sky got in on hers. Actually, she was taking her sweet time. I started the car as she slowly got in, she was biting her lip, her eyebrows pulling together.