Chapter 29-The Truth and A Goodbye Kiss

Sky's POV

 I was sitting outside on my roof in my sweats, long sleeve, and Uggs just waiting until Jason came over. I told him we'd talk back at my place and he agreed. I needed a shower anyways and so did he. So here I was, sitting with my knees up to my chest and my arms wrapped around my legs, just waiting patiently. I needed time to prepare myself for what I was about to do because I know Jason has been waiting a while for me to tell him what really happened with me. Am I ready? Not really but something was still nagging at me to tell Jason. Or someone. And it was bothering me. 

I could do all the planning in my head but I still wouldn't know where to start. A lot's happened to me so it was difficult. I mean, I know I'm going to tell him the truth, but I don't think I'd be going into any details. Only on a need to know basis. I would tell him the truth, without really telling him anything at all. Or at least anything that would jeopardize the way he sees me. Even if I don't deserve to be looked at like that. I'm dreading the thought of the outcome of this night. This is the night where he can either walk away probably still loving me or stay with me and still love me. Big difference in the two. Leaving and still loving me is him not being able to stand the sight of me and the repulsive things I've done. Staying and loving me proves to me that he does love me, flaws and all. I was hoping for the second one. But who knows. Things could go south. Nevertheless, I was going to tell him. 

"Sky?" I heard Jason's voice calling my name from my room. 

"Out here." I called back, not looking to the window. I just hugged myself tighter and rested my chin on my knees. I was trying to ignore the pounding in my chest as I took a deep breath. 

I heard shuffling behind me and then it stopped. Then I felt warmth on my left and it was comforting. But it only made my heart beat a little faster. Jason nudge me. 

"You okay?" He asked cautiously. 

"Yeah." 

"So..." Jason said awkwardly. 

I really didn't know where or how to start. 

"Ask whatever you want." I mumbled.

"Sky, look at me." Jason commanded softly. 

I licked my lips and then sighed. I turned my head to him with a blank face. "Are you sure about this?" He asked. 

The corners of my lips pulled up slightly. "Question is, are you ready for this? Because once you hear what I'm about to tell you, theres no going back." I warned. He can leave if that's what he chooses but as far as trying to forget, he won't. Because my story's very disturbing and gruesome at some points but it's what I've lived with for the past nine years. What I was used to. 

After a moment of thinking as he looked at me, searching for something, he nodded. I nodded and took a deep breath. "Go on." I said. 

"Who's J.D.?" He asked. 

I smiled a bitter smile. "Good question. I don't really know who he is. He just kidnapped me and held me captive for nine years." I said, resting my chin on my knees and playing with the pebbles on my roof. I don't want to look at Jason while I'm telling him my deepest darkest secrets. My bloody and painful secrets. 

"Why?" He asked. 

I sighed. "He wanted to use me."

"For what?" 

I sat up straighter and turned my head to him with a calm expression. "For fighting." I said calmly. 

I turned back and scooted to the edge of roof and let my feet dangle over. I felt Jason move closer but I didn't see his feet swing over the edge.