Chapter 33-Savage

Sky's POV

Evelyn was throwing punches and kicks left and right and I was doing my best to block her, although she did get some good hits in, but that's because I wasn't fighting her. I was simply blocking her movements. I didn't want to fight her. Not with Jason here. Sure he's seen me fight, but that was just that. A fight. A fight in J.D.'s presence meant something beyond fighting and I made a promise to myself that I would never let anyone see that version of me. I don't want to see the change in their a eyes when they look at me again. I don't want the feeling of being alone to haunt me like it did for the last nine years. But as I tried to concentrate on my own thoughts, I noticed Evelyn's foot coming my way and I ducked and stood up right again. She threw out a few quick jabs to my face and the side of my stomach and I dodged them but she got one good one. Right on the side of my ribs. 

She was fast. Maybe a little too fast. She tried to do a round house kick and I stopped her advance but she reacted more quickly than I would have thought. Her right foot hit me square in my jaw and I fell to my knees and hands. I could taste the blood but before I could spit it out, I felt a hard foot to my stomach and I let out a strangled breath. I grunted but kept myself on all fours. My hair fell around my face and shoulders as I spit out the blood. Then I felt my hair being pulled forcing my head back. My hands flew up to her wrists and I gripped it hard as she stood me up right. This is exactly why I put my hair up when I fight girls. They always pull hair! 

I looked at J.D. who was staring intently at me but smirking all the while. This is what he wanted? Well, he won't get it. Not from me. I'm done doing whatever the hell he asks for. I'm doing this for no one but Jason. I felt my head being pulled back even more and I winced. I could feel Evelyn's hot breath on the side of my face. 

"What? No fight? Not savage enough are you?" Evelyn taunted. 

And then abruptly she did the exact same thing Jack did earlier. She banged my head against the corner post twice and then threw me to the ground. My hands flew to my forehead and I could feel the thickness of my blood and feel it as it dripped down the side of my face. My head was spinning but like all other hits I've had, it was nothing. I groaned and turned on my front. My vision was starting to get a little blurry. I felt another hard kick to the gut and I grunted and faltered a little. But I regained my position and started crawling very slowly. The hit to the post was harder than Jack's. I felt another kick and this time, I fell over on my back. I looked up to see Evelyn's smiling face. 

"Well, looks like one of us is enjoying themselves." I joked in a strain voice and turned on my front again to get up. I turned to Evelyn, only to be greeted with a sock. 

More blood. I spit it out and started laughing. Then I felt another kick to my stomach. Goddammit! What was with this girl and kicking me. My ribs were about to give out! I looked up at the ropes and used them as my guide. When I got to the corner post, I turned and leaned against it, breathing in and out roughly. I wiped my mouth as I looked at Evelyn. 

"You're good. I'll give you that." I lied, breathlessly. 

She was clenching and unclenching her fists. 

"How long did you train? Weeks?" I asked rhetorically. I gave her a nod. "You're training must have sucked then. Same moves, over and over." I taunted, smiling. 

Her smile dropped and turned into a glare and she advanced towards me as my laugh grew. She bent down and gripped me by the throat, picking me up. She put her other hand on my throat and squeezed. I smiled as I felt the air go out of me little by little. 

"Same moves huh?" She asked. Then she abruptly head butted me, hitting my nose. Great, now that's going to bleed too. "How was that?" She snapped.