Chapter 32-Jason

Sky's POV

I just kept staring at J.D. and Jack, my eyes swerving to the both of them, looking for any resemblance. There was little, but it didn't stop me from seeing reality. The way Jack acted a couple of days ago, his personality, was all too familiar to me and I failed to realize it sooner. I can't believe I didn't put the pieces together. How could I miss this? Of all things? This! 

J.D. was smirking at my horrified face. 

"I didn't realize you had family." I whispered.

"Well, you didn't stick around long enough for me to tell you." J.D.'s smirk went dead and something dark in his eyes appeared. "Besides, my fighters don't need to know my personal business. You know that." 

"I'm not your fighter." I said angrily. 

J.D. laughed humorlessly and shook his head. "Skylar, skylar skylar." He was shaking his head and making clacking his tongue against his teeth, making an odd sound. "You were always my fighter. My number onebest fighter. And you always will be." J.D. said, looking right at me. 

I glowered at him. "How did you find me?" I asked, skipping all his intimate details. Intimate to J.D. was pleasing him in a particular way and I've pleased him for nine years, by fighting. 

He stepped away from the ring and started walking around it in a slow pace, I followed him with my eyes. "It wasn't too hard. Actually, I take that back. It was, to be honest. I didn't think you would come back here, to your...family." J.D. said, spitting out the word family as if it was poison. "I had thought that we beat that feeling of needing your family, out of you." J.D. was now behind me, still walking on the outside of the ring as i listened intently. 

Like i said before, every waking moment in that hell hole of his was endless torture. J.D. and his...goons would beat the humanity out of us, the weak part. Making sure we'd know exactly who we belonged to and who our new family was.

"But I guess we didn't beat it out enough." J.D. said, now in the same spot he was before he started walking around. He looked oddly calm but something deadly lingered in his eyes and I never liked that look. "You know, I'd never thought that you would ever leave me the way you did but you never cease to amaze me. You got guts for what you did, I'll give you that. But I never would expected that from you." 

J.D. started pacing slowly, talking to me as he did so. Jack was standing in the same spot, a sour expression on his face aimed at me. 

"Out of all of my fighters, I treated you the best. I made sure you had the best doctor to treat you whenever your fights went down hill. I made you the most feared and wanted. I took care of you. You should be grateful! I gave you a life of strength." J.D. said. 

"You gave me chains!" I snapped angrily. "I was slaved," I used that word bitterly. "to your bidding. Killing anyone that you threw at me! Why in the hell should I be grateful? You turned me into something I never wanted to be! But you know what?" I asked rhetorically. "I'm glad I got out of there. Because I've changed. I'm not that person anymore." 

J.D. started laughing, making me more angrier by the second. "We both, know that's a lie." J.D. said, smiling devilishly. "Once a fighter, always a fighter." 

I shook my head. "You're wrong. That was who I was. This is who I am." I said strongly. "I'm not going back." 

J.D. cocked his head and smirked. "You sure about that?" He asked, something dark in his eyes glistened. J.D. whistled and turned around to stand by Jack, putting his hands in the pockets of his black suit pants. J.D. always wore suits.