Chapter 16-An Invite

Skylar's POV

It was already Thursday and I was both pleased and surprised the week was going by fast. Me and Jasmine were hanging out more and i was feeling little more comfortable with her. I was avoiding any contact with Jason so I hadn't seen him. I haven't seen Jack at all either which was fine by me. Less drama. I did however run in to Avery. She was her usual bitchy self. She told me to stay away from Jason and blah blah blah... I just walked away from her without a care in the world. She was wasting my time, as usual. And besides, staying away from Jason was my plan anyways. 

"Hey Sky." I heard someone call. 

I looked at Jasmine as we stood by her locker. She looked behind me and her eyes widened. Confused I turned around. 

I was face to face with someone I didn't know. Tall, blonde, smokey blue eyes, broad shoulders, perfect white teeth, and a great smile. 

"Um, hey." I said in a small voice, looking at him weirdly. 

He handed me a blue paper. I took it and read it. Then I looked up at him, my eyes widening. 

"You should come." The boy said. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name." I said. 

He chuckled lightly. "Sorry, Brady. Brady Collins." He said kindly. 

I nodded my head and looked at Jazz again. She was blushing uncontrollably as she kept looking at Brady. I rolled my eyes and looked back at Brady. 

"You're inviting me, to your party tomorrow night?" I asked. 

Seriously, do I look like I party? 

"Yeah. You and Jasmine of course." He said and turned his smile to Jazz. 

She blushed deeper if that was anymore possible. "H-how did you know my name?" She asked in a small girlish voice. 

Oh god. 

"I've always known your name." Brady said, and winked at her. She looked down, smiling.

I sighed heavily. "Well if you two are done with the flirting..." I said. 

Jazz shot me a look of embarrassment but I ignored it. 

"I don't know. I've never been to a party before." I mumbled, not that excited to go. I wasn't even planning on going to be honest.

"Yeah..." Awkward silence. Then he started talking again. "Well it'll be fun, trust me. So I'll see you guys there?" 

I opened my mouth to say no, because I had already made up my mind but Jazz cut in. 

"Sure! We'll be there." Jazz said, smiling brightly. 

"Cool." He said and winked at us and then walked off. 

I handed Jazz the flyer and started to walk to the cafeteria. Jazz followed. 

"Okay, so we're going shopping today after school." Jazz said happily. 

"Yeah, I'm not really a party person. But you can still go and have fun." I said carelessly. 

"Oh c'mon you have to go! Please! For me?" Jazz pleaded. 

I sighed and stopped walking to look at her. i was gonna tell her no but the look on her face stopped my words. She was giving me a puppy dog look. 

"Ah, c'mon Jazz. Don't give me that look." I said, exasperated. 

"Please Sky. I've always wanted to go to a party with my best friend but..." Her voice dripping with sadness. 

"Jazz..." I sighed.