Part 6

As the sun started to set, George finished making the map for his - for their new server, and shut down the computer, stretching tiredly. As the fan slowed and the generator stopped whirring, he noticed the eerie quietness in the house. Curious, he headed down the stairs and into the kitchen, but there wasn't anyone there. As he searched the other rooms, he became more and more worried as to where Zelk had disappeared to.

"He's gone."

Whipping his head around, George smiled as he spotted Vincent by the door. "Where did he go?"

Standing up from the doorframe he was leaning against, Vincent tried to take a step forwards and nearly ended up on the floor, his knees buckling. Dave, who had come down into the kitchen, sniggered and wandered over, slipping his arms around his waist to hold him up.

"I can't even walk, pig," Vincent sighed, but he was grinning gleefully. He was met with a peck on the cheek and a sly smile.

"You asked for it, nerd."

"Hello? Earth to lovebirds? Where's Zelk?" Crossing his arms over his chest, George huffed slightly. "Anyways, how come Vincent can't even take a step without falling over?"

"Dave raped me," Vincent replied casually, and Dave squeaked slightly, blushing. "Jake stormed out ages ago. He looked really upset."

"I wish I never asked, you freaks," George joked, but he wasn't smiling. "I'm going to go find him, so I might be a while. Oh, and by the way," he picked up his keys and wallet, looking back over his shoulder as he headed out of the front door, "he prefers Zelkam over Jacob."

Watching the door swing shut, Dave grimaced. "Something tells me Ja- Zelkam doesn't really want to see him at the moment."

"That was my guess too," Vincent murmured, shrugging and slipping out of Dave's arms. He stumbled back towards the door and practically waddled into the kitchen, flushing red from the effort.

Dave burst out laughing, following him with a smug smile. "Are you a little sore, nerd?"

"Leave me alone." Rolling his eyes, Vincent got out ingredients and started to cook the dinner, picking up where Dave left off. "It was worth it..."

Calling Zelk on the car's Bluetooth speakers, George listened nervously as it dialled his number and rang through. The first time, it rang for a few seconds, then cut to voicemail. Tensing, he tried again and again until, on the fifth time, there was a quiet click and the lines connected.

"What do you want?" Zelk demanded in a hostile tone, but his voice was thick, and he sounded like he'd been crying for a while.

"Oh, honey, don't cry. What's wrong? Where are you?"

George's voice was laced with worry and tenderness, and it made Zelk soften a little. "I'm not crying," he lied, "I'm just running a few messages before the shops shut."

"The shops shut two hours ago, don't lie to me. Tell me where you are. I'm coming to get you, and then I'll give you the biggest hug ever, okay?"

Sniffing quietly, Zelk nodded - then he remembered that George couldn't see him. "Okay... I'm in that donut place we went to the other day."

Making a sharp U-turn and speeding in the other direction, George soothed, "I'm on my way. Tell me what's wrong, honey, I want to sort it out."

"It's nothing. I'm just a little down at the moment," Zelk mumbled, his voice quiet and subdued. They sat in silence for a bit, only the sound of his slightly shaky breathing audible. George's heart clenched, and he swung haphazardly into the car park of the cafe.

"I'm here. Hang tight, I'm coming to find you, okay?"

"Okay..."

As he hung up, George stepped out of the car, slamming the door shut behind him and heading inside. Scanning the tables, he stopped dead when he saw Zelk sat in the corner. He had red-ringed eyes, staring off into space and still clutching his phone in his hands. Quickly weaving through the tables, he snuck up behind him. Slipping his arms around his waist, he pulled him close. "What's wrong, honey?"

"Nothing." Turning to face him, Zelk yanked on his shirt so that their lips met, slipping his arms around his neck as he urgently mashed their lips together. Pulling away with a confused expression, George put his hand on Zelk's cheek and wiped away a stray tear with his thumb.

"If you don't tell me what's wrong, I can't help you. I don't want you to be upset, but I can't do anything if you don't talk to me."

"It's nothing. I'm just being stupid," Zelk muttered. He tried to pull George closer again, but he was trapped in a bear hug.

"One, you're not being stupid. And two, stop trying to distract me," George replied, gently but firmly, as he gave him a quick kiss. "Just tell me, okay? I don't care if it's silly."

Hesitating, Zelk avoided eye contact, but George gently pulled his chin up to meet his gaze. Shoulders sagging slightly, he gave in and took a deep breath. "It's not that important, really. I just - I feel like you don't really listen to me. But, I mean, it's okay. I don't want to cause a fuss..." trailing off anxiously, he blushed and looked away again.

"You're not causing a fuss, I promise." Pulling him onto his lap, George held him tight. "I always listen to you, honey. I love you, and I don't want you to be upset."

Zelk opened his mouth, about to argue back, then pushed the words back down. He didn't want to fight with the person who had come all the way here, just to find him and give him a hug. "I - you do listen, yeah. I love you too, Spoofy."

"That's such a ridiculous name, Zelkie," George laughed, widening his eyes innocently at the offended look he received. Waving to the waitress, he smiled. "Two hot chocolates to take away, please," he called, glancing at Zelk, "and whatever doughnut you grab first."

As she headed off to the counter, Zelk shook his head at him. "The first one she grabs? And what if you don't like it, you idot?"

"I'm not the one eating it, so I don't care," George grinned.

"Oh. Glad to see you really put some thought into getting me one, then," Zelk huffed, pretending to be annoyed.

Teasing him, George smiled. "It's good to try new things, Zelkie," he murmured, slowly kissing the hollow of his neck and laughing as he squirmed. He slid his hands under Zelk's shirt, tracing lines on his chest under the fabric and watching as his face went bright red. "Aww, are you shy, Zelkie?"

"Shut up, Bambi."

---------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so!

I hope you enjoyed Part 6 <3

Let me know below, because there's a little bit of a divide at the moment: do you want to keep Mega, or no? I'm just curious, but at the end of the day I'll stick to the original plan :)

Gods damnit Zelk, don't bottle up your feelings it makes everything so much wORSE-