Part 10

Aah! Okay, so I made a Discord server!

I'd love to talk to you all on there and get to know the people that read my books. There will be memes, jokes, chatting, book information and sneak peeks for upcoming Demure parts!

Feel free to join, nerds <3

https://discord.gg/nbaHfvB

---------------------------------------------------------

Mouths hanging open in shock as Zak casually put the small child down in the middle of the room, the others sat in silent confusion. Clearing his throat with wide eyes, George whispered, "What the hell are you doing with a random kid?"

"We adopted him," Zak replied simply. Not bothered by the weird looks they were getting, he pushed Darryl down onto the armchair and climbed on top of his lap. "Are you going to introduce yourselves, or what?"

"Okay, um, sure." George slid off of the sofa onto the floor in front of Mega, and the others copied him. "Hiya... Mega, was it?" Mega nodded, so he carried on. "My name's George. It's nice to meet you."

Smiling shyly and waving, Mega played nervously with the fabric of his t-shirt. Grinning, Zak rolled his eyes. "What kind of person tells a three year old 'it's nice to meet you'?"

"I was trying, okay?" George blushed, looking down, and Mega giggled quietly at him. Everyone's gaze snapped back to the child, and he stopped, eyes darting anxiously around.

Moving closer, the others leaned towards him curiously. Nervous, Mega stepped backwards - tripping over Zelk's leg and landing in his lap. "Are you okay?" He scrambled back off, eyes wide as he backed away towards the wall.

A pair of hands slipped under his arms and pulled him up from behind. Tensing and looking behind his head, he relaxed as Dave smirked at him, holding him up by one hand against his chest. "Don't be scared, mini nerd. They're just a bunch of softies." Gesturing around the room, he pointed out the others one by one and told Mega their names. "That's one's Vincent. He's mine, so stay away. Those two are Ally and Clay, you've met George, and you already fell onto Zelk there."

Waving, Zelk grinned at him. "I'm not that much of a monster, you know."

Watching this all go down and looking at Darryl as Dave looked after Mega, Zak quietly pointed upwards and slid his hands down towards his jeans. Nodding with a discreet wink, he followed him up the stairs and into their room. "Now that we've got some time alone," Zak murmured, locking the door, "let's have some fun, baldie..."

Watching them sneak away and rolling his eyes, Vincent slipped his arms around Dave's waist. "Are you aware that we're being used as a free babysitting service?"

"Can you blame them?" Shifting Mega to his other side, Dave gave him a quick kiss and linked their hands. "They probably didn't get much time to themselves on their honeymoon, if they had to look after this one."

"Yeah, I guess..." Glancing doubtfully at the seemingly innocent Mega, Vincent mumbled, "how do you even keep a child alive, anyways?"

"I guess we'll find out," Dave shrugged. "You want to help us with our server, Megs?"

Shaking his head, Mega held his arms out towards Zelk, who stood up and wandered over. "Does that mean you're going to help me instead?" Giving a small nod and reaching out his arms, Mega smiled, and Zelk spluttered in shock. Taking him from Dave, he muttered, "Since when does the child want to be with me, of all people?"

"I don't know - or care," Vincent grinned, "but if it means we can slip away too, I'm not bothered."

"Hey, don't leave me!" Zelk protested, nervously shifting Mega in his arms. "I don't know what to do with him."