Part 7

Padding downstairs and heading into the living room, Darryl smiled as he saw Zak and - what was he called again...? Curled up together on the sofa. Joining them and slipping his arms around Zak's waist, he looked at the sleeping child curled up on his chest. "What are we going to do with you, muffin...?"

Stirring, Zak opened his eyes and sleepily met Darryl's eyes. "Were you talking to me?"

"No. Sorry I woke you, Skep. But what are we doing? We've got some random child in our house, in a foreign country, not even knowing where he comes from. His parents could be looking for him right now!"

"Shhh," Zak mumbled, gently sliding Mega off of his chest and climbing onto Darryl's lap. He started to lift his shirt, kissing every inch of his skin and looking up with pleading eyes. "Can we keep him? Please?"

"Well... the readers thought he would be a cock block," Darryl shrugged, playing absently with Zak's hair.

"What did you say?"

"I don't know. It doesn't matter, anyways. It was something about CheriCherry, I think," he replied, tugging Zak's chin up to give him a proper kiss. "We'll sort something out, okay?"

"Deal. But can we get some food first?"

"Sure, you want muffins? Or pancakes?"

Groaning, Zak climbed off of him and headed towards the fridge. "Let's have something easy to make. You're obsessed with muffins, you idot." Pulling out some fruit and strawberry yoghurt, he started to cut it up and put it into two bowls, dumping the yoghurt on top and putting both haphazardly on the table. Darryl shook his head disparagingly, but still poured two drinks and got spoons, sitting at the table. Wandering over and sitting on his lap, Zak dug in.

"And how am I meant to eat if you're crushing me, you muffin?"

Through a full mouth, Zak gave him a grin and wiggled his hips. "You can manage."

Just then, the floorboards creaked, and Mega's head peeked around the doorframe. He hesitated, eyes curious as he looked at Zak sat on Darryl's lap. Hopping off and standing up, Zak opened the cupboards and pulled out a few cereal boxes. "What do you want to eat, Mega?"

He pointed to the box of the right, and Zak poured him a bowl of Invaded Crunchers. He set it down on the table and flopped back onto Darryl's lap.

Looking at the two of them and tilting his head curiously, Mega hesitated for a second, then climbed up onto his lap too. Darryl grumbled under his breath. "I really can't get to my food now."

"Calm down, idot," Zak giggled, picking up Darryl's bowl and holding up a spoonful. Looking at it and rolling his eyes, Darryl obliged, licking Zak's hand as he did so. "Stop, Bad!" He carried on, biting his fingers, and he squeaked slightly. "Stop or die tomorrow."

"Okay, fine..."

By the time they actually finished and washed their plates, the sun had started to climb in the sky. Glancing at Mega, who was playing with the cushions in the living room, Zak leaned closer to Darryl and whispered, "What are we going to do?"

"I think," he replied, hugging his waist, "we need to take him to the police."

"But won't he be taken away?" Zak's eyes were wide, and he looked genuinely upset.

"I don't know, he might be. But we have to. What if his parents didn't leave him? They could be looking for him now, and they'd be broken hearted if he went missing."

"I guess..." watching as Mega dive-bombed onto the couch, he grimaced. "Better get it over with, then."

On the ride to the police station, the car was silent. Darryl had called a taxi, and they were only about ten minutes away, but nobody talked. As the building came into view, however, Mega hid his face in Zak's arm. Frowning and putting his arm around him, Zak met his fearful gaze. "Do you not like it here? Why are you scared, Megs?"