Part 12

Groggily opening her eyes and stretching her arms, Ally jumped as she hit something and heard a low groan.

"Ow..."

Opening her eyes properly, she noticed she was lying on top of somebody. "Clay?"

"Not quite," the person replied, "I'm Jay."

"WHAT?!" Scrambling up and looking at the person beneath her, she sighed and collapsed back down. "Don't scare me like that! I thought you meant my cousin." Shuddering at the thought, Ally froze as she realised the situation she was in. "Who are you, anyways?"

"You don't remember anything, do you?" Jay sighed. He tried to wrap his arms around her, but she pushed him away, rolling to the other side of the bed. "You were at the club, and you looked absolutely stunning. I came over, and we talked for a while, drank quite a lot... in hindsight, you probably shouldn't have had so much gin. Then you came home with me, and obviously..." Trailing off, he pushed the duvet down to reveal their complete lack of clothes.

Gasping and flushing scarlet, Ally yanked it back up to cover herself. "Oh God..." Closing her eyes, she mumbled, "do you mind if I have some time to myself? You go into the kitchen, I'll be out in a second."

"Sure thing, sexy. I don't want you putting anything on, though. I'm not done with you."

Ally winced at the name, watching as he strolled casually out of the door and down the hall. As soon as he was out of sight, she shoved the door shut and locked it, wrapping the duvet around herself. Scanning the room, she found her phone and picked it up, calling the one person she wanted to see.

"Hello?"

Opening her mouth but no sound coming out, Ally started to cry at the sound of Clay's voice. Sniffling, she sat on the edge of the bed with her head in her hands.

"Ally? What's wrong? Are you okay? Are you crying...? What happened, where are you?" A torrent of worried questions spilled out of Clay's mouth, and he stopped everything he was doing, leaning against the kitchen counter. "Where are you, baby?"

Through her tears, Ally managed, "I - don't... know."

"Oh God," Clay groaned, running a hand anxiously through his hair as horrible things started to run through his mind. "I thought you went out with your friends? Didn't you stay with one of them?"

Looking at the locked door and listening to the quiet singing floating down the hall, Ally drew in a shaky breath. "He's not a friend."

"He?" Clay's tone was sharp, and she recoiled slightly, tears still flowing down her cheeks.

"I- I don't know where I am, and I don't remember anything. I woke up, and I was..." Bracing herself, she carried on, "I was in some man's bed. I don't remember how I got here. I had so much to drink, and I think he - he took advantage of me, and I don't think he's done with me either."

She was met with absolute silence, and her heart sank. "I'm so sorry, please don't be mad-"

Cutting her off, Clay sighed heavily. "I'm not mad at you. I just want to make sure you're safe. Are you alone now?"

Nodding, then realising that was useless in a phone call, Ally mumbled, "Yes."

"Okay, open Maps and send me the address. I'm coming to get you."

Following his instructions meekly, Ally copied and pasted the address and sent it to him. "I texted you it."

Reading the address and searching up directions, Clay gritted his teeth. "It's half an hour away. I'll be there as fast as I can. Are you safe?" Grabbing his keys and starting his car, he connected his phone to its Bluetooth and pulled out of the driveway.